Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Review

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
345 Views, 0 Replies

2014 Review

As a long time user of MAP (starting wih floppy disks) I trialed this package with the following results.

Overall the interface is clean and responsive. There is very little detail in the help files. There are no instructions on relationships between one portion of the program and another. No problem for me but a new user might be confused.

Nesting is reasonably good.

The MAJOR problem is where the rubber meets the road as in the gcode output. If you just need the drafting/design parts this is a great package. If you need to output to a laser be very careful. If you have manpower to rework each sheet this should work well. I had hoped for some changes in this area but can't find any improvements. If you test this and find it works except for some small changes required for your machines be advised that those changes will become impossible to accomplish. I have tried with MAP, TSI and Autocad but have had results ranging from no reply to outright closure of logged complaint 'because it works'.

I am not trying to 'run down' this product, I think the majority of it works great. However, if you are trying to produce quality parts on a laser make certain you have extensive testing done first. We have been forced to look elsewhere for our needs which is not a decision taken lightly given our extensive history with this product.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report