Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xref attach file dialog box very slow

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
WStu
239 Views, 4 Replies

xref attach file dialog box very slow

We bought two new exactly the same machines and loaded ADT2004 on both. When we open the xref dialog box and click on attach it takes around 45 seconds for the Select File dialog to pop-up on one and on the other it is less than a second. Any idea what would be causing this? From the Windows explorer window both can access the server at the same speed. I am at a loss since both machine are configured exactly the same. Thanks for the help.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rikool
in reply to: WStu

so, i assume the "Attach" dialog box is pointing to the same directory when opened.? and this occurs in an empty template.? And you're running the same profile on each machine.?
Is this a Network installation of ADT.? or shared Network resources.?
Do you have side-by-side installations of ADT on either box.?
I've had this occur before (but not in this dialog) when mapped network drives are not resolved or when start in folders do not exist... when a profile goes whacky... or worst case, when ADT gets confused w/ multiple installs on one box...
HOpe there's a clue in here for ya...
Message 3 of 5
WStu

Yes on the same directory and no on the empty template. I loaded the same drawing on both machines so I was testing them equally. Yes on the same profile. ADT is installed as a stand alone with the profile pointing to common configeration files on the server. No on the side by side.

Question, if it trys to open in a folder that does not exist, when it finally opens what is the default folder it opens in. Maybe that will tell me if that is the issue I am having. thanks for the help, it is much appreciated.
Message 4 of 5
rikool

the username/my documents folder.?? dont know...
Are you running on a wireless network.?
I've seen this type of action before when wireless is not being utilized but IS active in background... kill the wireless connection if this were the case... other than that i'm out of ideas... i've never had this occur in that dialog box...
Message 5 of 5
rikool

Okay, i take it back... the exact same thing just occured to me... I'm working from home, one desktop, one laptop... i hook my laptop into my router for internet access... (little do i know that my cable modem is down)... As i'm working on Xrefs on my laptop - everything local on my C:drive, i go to attach an Xref and i hang... and hang... and eventually go into "MY DOCS" folder... when i unplug the network cable that leads to "no connection" i have no problems "Attaching" locally...
---SOunds like a network connectivity issue... that's my prob.
When i reboot my Modem, and there is a network to see, although i dont need the network,,, everything is fine...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report