Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why has the landscape object been deleted in ADT2007

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
210 Views, 6 Replies

why has the landscape object been deleted in ADT2007

We use them all the time, the LSNEW command to create flat images of trees and people, which used to automatically rotate to align with the camera. It was a really simple process. Now autodesk has deleted this from acad/ADT!!!

2 steps forward and 1 step back.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Bizarre... I'm sure that they would take it out without a replacement. Would they? Don't have 07 installed yet to check.
Are they not on a palette somewhere?

If you plan to render in VizR, I'd seriously consider checking out ArchVision for there RPC content.

- Sean D Burke
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

jmcintyre wrote:
> We use them all the time, the LSNEW command to create flat images of trees and people, which used to automatically rotate to align with the camera. It was a really simple process. Now autodesk has deleted this from acad/ADT!!!
>
> 2 steps forward and 1 step back.

From the Help section on Command and System Variable History:

Removed or Obsolete Commands
LSNEW
Adds realistic landscape items, such as trees and bushes, to your
drawings. (no replacement)

Looks like it is gone.

--
Brian Winterscheidt
LWPB Architects & Planners, P.C.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Bummer...
I tried opening an older drawing that had some items in it and it doesn't find the bitmaps to render. It just produces flat gray rectangles.
- S
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Forgot to mention that I finished installing '07...
- S
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

But they were a great feature, actual photos of trees and people, where the RPC content may be OK for animations, but....

I am really disappointed they have done this. If anyone else agrees, let's band together and get them to bring it back.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Actually, the RPC are photos as well. You can change them to billboard for stills. I know they have some free content you can use. I miss it too but, I'm guessing relied on the old rendering engine which has been replaced. I think they would have to recreate the functionality and I'm sure, just 'ran out of time' as the saying goes.
- Sean

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report