Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While dimensioning - autocad crashes

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
944 Views, 1 Reply

While dimensioning - autocad crashes

I have been dimensioning a string of dimensions and I will continue to dimension to a separate string of dimensions and autocad crashes. On recovery it will change my default dimension style to an override, that creates a font twice the size of my Standard dim style.

It produces the following error message: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0006 Exception at 64556354h

I am using dynamic blocks that I have created with the stretch parameter. And it seems if I explode the block, it will allow me to continue to dimension. But this is not a fix... only temporarily. so far this morning 10 times, my computer has been down more than I have been able to get work done.

If anyone has a solution, or and idea what may be going on please let me know.

Using AutoCad 2007 ADT, new computer, 2Gig of ram,
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

have you ever received any help with this problem? i've been inconvenienced with this problem while using autocad mep 2011.

my problem happens during dimensioning using linear, continue, and aligned. i can get in a few dimensions, with a bit of a lag between a few seconds to almost a minute, and then it crashes leaving this popup message:

"FATAL ERROR: Cannot write to undo file (probably disk full)"

the program allows me to save a recover file of the drawing, then shuts down completely. at the same time, another popup opens asking you to fill out information on what exactly you were doing when the system crashed. well, after about a hundred times i quit filling that space out.

i'm running a dell m6500 laptop

core i7 q720 @ 1.6ghz

8gb ram

ati firepro m7740 vidcard @ 1gb ram (driver v 8.681.0.0)

autocad mep 2011 (from autodesk revit mep suite 2011) 64-bit

window 7 pro 64-bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report