Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wall's hatch display problem

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
devig
445 Views, 7 Replies

wall's hatch display problem

I am using this wall style..Stud-4 GWB-0.625 Each Side in my project and i am getting this message...
A hatch pattern was not displayed because it was too dense. Increase the MaxHatch environment variable to enable the display.
So i've changed the MaxHatch variable to a value 10000000 and regenrated the file , but the message is still displayed.
what should i do?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: devig

There is a very specific syntax to follow when resetting the value of MaxHatch:

Type the following at the Command: prompt, exactly as shown, including case

(setenv "MaxHatch" "1000000")

The number of segments must be given as a quoted string and the valid range is "100" to "10000000".

--

David Koch
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
Message 3 of 8
devig

David
i've changed the setting using this syntax with all possible values between 100 to 10000000, but it not help me.(setenv "MaxHatch" "1000000")
the maximum wall length is 106'. must i change the wall style to avoid this message of hatch display problem.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

I was able to draw a wall of that style at a length of 106' and did receive the message when MaxHatch was set to 10000. Resetting MaxHatch to 1000000 allowed the hatch to display and the error message to disappear. Could there be another, even longer wall in your drawing? Did you change the hatch scale for the GWB material so that more lines display in a given area?

--

David Koch
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I am having the same problem with Maxhatch environment variable , the wall style is concrete-200 . I have even typed the maxhatch command exactly as written and set it to 1000000. The same problem appears. What could be the problem ?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I am having the same problem with Maxhatch environment variable , the wall style is concrete-200 . I have even typed the maxhatch command exactly as written and set it to 1000000. The same problem appears. What could be the problem ?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Make sure you are typing it in case sensitive, i.e., MaxHatch. dwc "NGM" wrote in message news:32228831.1076347888533.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am having the same problem with Maxhatch environment variable , the wall style is concrete-200 . I have even typed the maxhatch command exactly as written and set it to 1000000. The same problem appears. What could be the problem ?
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

From the style name, I assume you are working in a metric drawing. Using the Architectural Building Model and View (Metric - stb).dwt template to start a new file with base units of millimeters and the out-of-the-box Concrete-200 wall style, I was able to set MaxHatch to 100000 and still have a 100-meter-long wall display the hatch in the Medium Detail display configuration [plan hatch = Concrete_C, scale 100.00]. A MaxHatch setting of 1000000 allowed the hatch to display in the High Detail display configuration [plan hatch = Concrete_C, scale 50.00].

Do all of your settings match the ones I listed? Are you drawing longer walls? Are you using a different base unit [such as 1 meter], but do not have scaling of objects inserted from another drawing turned on? If so, the hatch scale factors used by the Concrete.Cast-in-Place.Flat.Grey material will not be scaled down by 1000 to adjust for the difference in units. [Then again, the wall will be 200 meters wide, so that would not be a good idea.]

--

David Koch

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report