Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swing line for plan view on windows

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
KBADT2004
320 Views, 3 Replies

Swing line for plan view on windows

When doing casements windows I would like to show them open and have a swing line like on doors. Three questions:

1. Is this possible (don't think it is as far as i can tell)?
2. Why is it not possible?
3. ADT going to add this any time soon?

Thanks!!!!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: KBADT2004

You can have the casement window shown open, but there is not a swing component, as doors have. You might be able to add a swing line by attaching a custom block.

You can set a swing angle for individual windows on the Properties Palette, in the Dimensions area. [You can do this for multiple windows by selecting more than one and changing them all at once.]

You can also control this through the display settings, by setting an override for the opening percentage on the Other tab. This can be done at the system default, style or individual object level. Setting an override here will take precendence over the setting in the Properties Palette.

--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

To add to what David stated, you know that window opening symbols (charettes ?) wil show (if enabled - the style) for Elevation Display. Yuo might need to mess with the system setting to get the display just right, like create a second casement style for fixed casements.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

You also probably could create a door style that looks like casement windows and would offer the swing line. "KBADT2004" wrote in message news:4227247.1098127766775.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > When doing casements windows I would like to show them open and have a > swing line like on doors. Three questions: > > 1. Is this possible (don't think it is as far as i can tell)? > 2. Why is it not possible? > 3. ADT going to add this any time soon? > > Thanks!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report