Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REFEDIT ERROR - OBJECTS OUTSIDE THE WORKING SET

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
amcgillis
18885 Views, 6 Replies

REFEDIT ERROR - OBJECTS OUTSIDE THE WORKING SET

While trying to save a block that had been edited in place - someone at my firm ran across this error message:

"Cannot save back changes because objects in the working set references objects outside the working set. The Refedit session is still active. Press F2 after dismissing the dialog to see the list of missing references."

the block, as far as we can tell - consists of relatively normal hatch patterns set within the confines of polylines and regular lines.

When we press F2 - it runs a sort of audit and says:

"Application reference missing: AcDdBlockRebTag; AcDbPolyline"

trying to bypass the error, we have attempted to copy the information in the block and paste it into a new drawing but we receive a message that copying cannot be done while in a refedit session. We are able to close the refedit session without saving just fine but are completely unable to save and close the session.

Can anyone suggest a way we can save the drawn material in the block?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: amcgillis

amcgillis wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a way we can save the drawn material in the block?

My guess would be that you have an associative hatch created within the
refedit session, that has as its boundary a line or polyline that is not
part of the block.

Try making the hatch non-associative and see if that allows you to
successfully exit refedit.
Message 3 of 7
amcgillis

I checked the hatches - most we have exploded at this point so only two small areas of hatching remained. neither were associative. I also exploded those and than tried to save and return to the model mode - receiving the same error message.
Message 4 of 7
jorgeseptien

I am not sure but I think I may have figured this out. It seems that an old glitch may be causing this error. It seems that a user at our firm was getting this same error after editing a block. After looking at it, I noticed that she was editing a block that had been mirrored. Once she started editing a block that was not mirrored, that error did not show up.

I hope this helps.

Jorge Septien
Jorge Septien
Message 5 of 7
o_akl_zekry

try moving all the content out of the working set just to keep a backup of your work, save and close the reference, select the content cut and paste again in the referenced file

Message 6 of 7
quweisheng

it is easy to settle this problem, you can creat a block by those image after that you can add more block

let be though. enjoy it ^_^

if get trouble u can contact me with email shengquwei@gmail.com. have a nice day!

Message 7 of 7
ppierre
in reply to: quweisheng

type the command "audit" to fix all errors then you're good to go. You may have to "recover" after. Good Luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums