Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redundant Space Objects causing problems with doorobjects location property?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
152 Views, 5 Replies

Redundant Space Objects causing problems with doorobjects location property?

I have a basement plan w/ spaceobjects and then doors with doorobject psds pulling the location property from the spaceobject. For some reason my doorobject location is 3 off from the spaceobject number. This drove me crazy for 8 hours. Finally I moved the space and moved the location leader to the new location of the space and the numbers matched! I then moved the location leader back to the original position and again the number appear 3 off??? So there is a space present that I cannot see. I turned on/ thawed all layers and I don't see anything. Why is a spaceobject being read by the doorobject??? Please help!? Is there a clean tool??
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Brian - there are some ways that objects can be invisible but still present. Is is possible that the "hidden" space has been turned off with Isolate Objects? Or do you have "Section AEC Objects by Display Range" turned on for the Display Set that is current. Try switching to another display config and see if the space appears. Let me know if this helps, Bill Glennie Autodesk Building Solutions Division
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Brian, Can you email me the dataset? I'll take a look at why it isn't finding the correct property set. Scott "Brian E. Goldman" wrote in message news:40559f1d_2@newsprd01... I have a basement plan w/ spaceobjects and then doors with doorobject psds pulling the location property from the spaceobject. For some reason my doorobject location is 3 off from the spaceobject number. This drove me crazy for 8 hours. Finally I moved the space and moved the location leader to the new location of the space and the numbers matched! I then moved the location leader back to the original position and again the number appear 3 off??? So there is a space present that I cannot see. I turned on/ thawed all layers and I don't see anything. Why is a spaceobject being read by the doorobject??? Please help!? Is there a clean tool??
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I can email it to you but for some strange reason the problem has gone away. I don't know how or why. I will check it over again to make sure. "scott reinemann - autodesk" wrote in message news:4056129d$1_1@newsprd01... Brian, Can you email me the dataset? I'll take a look at why it isn't finding the correct property set. Scott "Brian E. Goldman" wrote in message news:40559f1d_2@newsprd01... I have a basement plan w/ spaceobjects and then doors with doorobject psds pulling the location property from the spaceobject. For some reason my doorobject location is 3 off from the spaceobject number. This drove me crazy for 8 hours. Finally I moved the space and moved the location leader to the new location of the space and the numbers matched! I then moved the location leader back to the original position and again the number appear 3 off??? So there is a space present that I cannot see. I turned on/ thawed all layers and I don't see anything. Why is a spaceobject being read by the doorobject??? Please help!? Is there a clean tool??
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I am still having the "ghost" space object problem. To fix the other drawing I copied all the objects out of the drawing and renamed the drawings. Before doing this I moved all the objects in the drawing away from the original positions and found that the spaces that were throwing things off were not moved. Hence making a new drawing. But now I'm have the same problem in another drawing and I would like to know exactly what going on. I emailed the drawing to Scott. The problem occurs at space 124 (Pantry) I have moved the tagged space up. But if you select one of the doors in the Pantry they are reading from a space numbered 122. I attached another property set that would tell me the space style and it is called Fellowship. I tried filtering on spaces with this name and it only shows 1, which it should be 2 if you include the ghost. So what gives? "Brian E. Goldman" wrote in message news:40559f1d_2@newsprd01... I have a basement plan w/ spaceobjects and then doors with doorobject psds pulling the location property from the spaceobject. For some reason my doorobject location is 3 off from the spaceobject number. This drove me crazy for 8 hours. Finally I moved the space and moved the location leader to the new location of the space and the numbers matched! I then moved the location leader back to the original position and again the number appear 3 off??? So there is a space present that I cannot see. I turned on/ thawed all layers and I don't see anything. Why is a spaceobject being read by the doorobject??? Please help!? Is there a clean tool??
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hey Brian, It is because you have a block with some spaces in it. Purge "temp" block, save the drawing and reopen. That should fix the problem. I have logged this as a bug. Could this be the problem you had in the other drawing as well? Thanks, Scott "Brian E. Goldman" wrote in message news:405f06f7_2@newsprd01... I am still having the "ghost" space object problem. To fix the other drawing I copied all the objects out of the drawing and renamed the drawings. Before doing this I moved all the objects in the drawing away from the original positions and found that the spaces that were throwing things off were not moved. Hence making a new drawing. But now I'm have the same problem in another drawing and I would like to know exactly what going on. I emailed the drawing to Scott. The problem occurs at space 124 (Pantry) I have moved the tagged space up. But if you select one of the doors in the Pantry they are reading from a space numbered 122. I attached another property set that would tell me the space style and it is called Fellowship. I tried filtering on spaces with this name and it only shows 1, which it should be 2 if you include the ghost. So what gives? "Brian E. Goldman" wrote in message news:40559f1d_2@newsprd01... I have a basement plan w/ spaceobjects and then doors with doorobject psds pulling the location property from the spaceobject. For some reason my doorobject location is 3 off from the spaceobject number. This drove me crazy for 8 hours. Finally I moved the space and moved the location leader to the new location of the space and the numbers matched! I then moved the location leader back to the original position and again the number appear 3 off??? So there is a space present that I cannot see. I turned on/ thawed all layers and I don't see anything. Why is a spaceobject being read by the doorobject??? Please help!? Is there a clean tool??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report