Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
255 Views, 2 Replies

Publish to PDF

I'm having some trouble with one of our page setups in ADT 2007. Previously in 2006 we had a page setup that allowed us to publish numerous dwg files to pdf without it having to prompt for a file name for each pdf. The default file name for each pdf consisted of the dwg file name and the layout tab name. However, when plotting to pdf now the default file name is truncated and only includes the project number. I think the decimal in the dwg file name is the reason for the truncation. Does anyone know how to change the default file name when plotting to pdf?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Almost all PDF drivers offer this naming prompt, which can be turned off in
the driver, not AutoCAD.

Also, like 2006, FULLPLOTPATH set to 0 (zero) stops the entire location
string being sent to the driver instead of just the file name... .

Which is it? You seem to ask about both... .

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry about the delayed reply but I was away. The issue I'm having is that I would like the entire CAD file name and layout tab name to be the default file name for any file I plot to PDF. This was always the case in ADT 2006 and works in ADT 2007 except when the file name contains a decimal point in which case anything after the decimal point is discarded. The issue is that with our naming convention all of our project numbers consist of a seven digit number with decimal after the fifth #. So when I try to publish multiple files/layouts to PDF each one is named the same and they just overwrite each other.

Ex: 99999.99_Floor Plan-Layout1 becomes 99999.pdf
99999.99_Section_Layout1 becomes 99999.pdf

The point is to avoid having to enter a file name for each pdf plot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report