Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSD & Room Number in Schedules

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CADiva
250 Views, 2 Replies

PSD & Room Number in Schedules

We have a project where we would like to use secondary room numbers for certain spaces that have been added late in the document preparation process (ie - not to renumber all the rooms). So I modified the Room Object PSD to add a "NumberSuffix" property so that the room number after 1126 would be 1126A (i.e. the room number concatenates the Level, Increment, and Suffix). I then copied it to all the relevant view drawings.

The tags in the plan views picked it up great. So far so good - the rooms with suffixes picked up the suffix in the room number fine and those without just had the 4 digit room number.

Then I checked the floor schedule - the newly modified space with suffix is listed at the top, rather than in line between 1126 and 1127 where it should belong. Sorting is by room number, but for some reason the additional letter is throwing off the sorting, which works fine in the door schedule. In fact, the door schedule sorts the door number (which picks up the suffix for the room and adds the suffix for the door) just fine.

Any thoughts on why the finish schedule will not sort the room with suffix into the correct place in the list?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: CADiva

What data type are your room numbers? Do you use integers, or auto-increment integers? What does the formula property you are using look like? The schedule table is interpreting the number-only room numbers as integers and the number+suffix as strings, and, as you have noticed, sorts the strings first, then the numbers. That would lead me to believe that you are using implicit concatenation in your formula property, something like this [your property names may vary]:

[RoomNumber][NumberSuffix]

Try this instead:

"[RoomNumber]" & " [NumberSuffix]"

and you should find that ADT is now interpretting all of the formula results as strings and you should get the sorting you want, assuming that all room numbers have the same number of digits.

--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Using ADT 2004 at work; access to 2005, 2006 & 2007 at home
Message 3 of 3
CADiva
in reply to: CADiva

That did the trick! Thank you, David!

PS - for others trying this, the spaces before and after the "&" are required - I tried it without and it didn't work until I put them in.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report