Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palettes and profiles

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
j.franklin
124 Views, 4 Replies

Palettes and profiles

Everytime I start ADT I have to reopen the tool palatte and properties palette from the menu. I know my desktop icon points at the right profile and ADT loads the right profile when it starts. Is there some other setting that might affect this? I'd sure like my profile to remember my palette settings! thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: j.franklin

If you exit ADT from a zero-doc state (no drawing in the editor), this will
happen. If you exit with a blank drawing or exit and save your current
drawing(s) the properties and tool palettes will "remember" where they were.

--
Matt Dillon
Assistant Moderator: Autodesk Discussion Forums

wrote in message news:f16a0b7.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
Everytime I start ADT I have to reopen the tool palatte and properties
palette from the menu. I know my desktop icon points at the right profile
and ADT loads the right profile when it starts. Is there some other setting
that might affect this? I'd sure like my profile to remember my palette
settings! thanks.
Message 3 of 5
j.franklin

what a simple answer. thanks. I now need to break my habit of closing the drawing before I close the program!
Message 4 of 5
rfthomas

Hi Matt

You seem to know how to solve things and I hope you may be able to help me. I have the same problem as jfranklin in that everytime I open ADT (even with my profile) the Tool palette moves to it's default position (& no transparency) and the properties palette doesn't open at all.
I've tried your methods of closing with a blank drawing or saving a current one but the same thing happens.

I have tried deleting or changing the "/t" option on my desktop icon and even that doesn't work.

Where am I going wrong?
Hope you can help me.
Cheers
Rick Thomas
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I would be interested in that answer too. When I asked it, all I got was - "We fixed that in ADT 2005." Well, THAT's a lot of help! ;-) "rfthomas" wrote in message news:9250594.1098202664447.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi Matt > > You seem to know how to solve things and I hope you may be able to help me. I have the same problem as jfranklin in that everytime I open ADT (even with my profile) the Tool palette moves to it's default position (& no transparency) and the properties palette doesn't open at all. > I've tried your methods of closing with a blank drawing or saving a current one but the same thing happens. > > I have tried deleting or changing the "/t" option on my desktop icon and even that doesn't work. > > Where am I going wrong? > Hope you can help me. > Cheers > Rick Thomas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report