Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior

Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior

Distinguished Contributor
j.franklin
Message 1 of 5 (29 Views)

Palettes and profiles

29 Views, 4 Replies
06-03-2003 06:25 AM
Everytime I start ADT I have to reopen the tool palatte and properties palette from the menu. I know my desktop icon points at the right profile and ADT loads the right profile when it starts. Is there some other setting that might affect this? I'd sure like my profile to remember my palette settings! thanks.
*Dillon, Matt
Message 2 of 5 (29 Views)

Re: Palettes and profiles

06-03-2003 06:27 AM in reply to: j.franklin
If you exit ADT from a zero-doc state (no drawing in the editor), this will
happen. If you exit with a blank drawing or exit and save your current
drawing(s) the properties and tool palettes will "remember" where they were.

--
Matt Dillon
Assistant Moderator: Autodesk Discussion Forums

wrote in message news:f16a0b7.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
Everytime I start ADT I have to reopen the tool palatte and properties
palette from the menu. I know my desktop icon points at the right profile
and ADT loads the right profile when it starts. Is there some other setting
that might affect this? I'd sure like my profile to remember my palette
settings! thanks.
Distinguished Contributor
j.franklin
Message 3 of 5 (29 Views)

Re:

06-03-2003 06:29 AM in reply to: j.franklin
what a simple answer. thanks. I now need to break my habit of closing the drawing before I close the program!
rfthomas
Message 4 of 5 (29 Views)

10-19-2004 09:17 AM in reply to: j.franklin
Hi Matt

You seem to know how to solve things and I hope you may be able to help me. I have the same problem as jfranklin in that everytime I open ADT (even with my profile) the Tool palette moves to it's default position (& no transparency) and the properties palette doesn't open at all.
I've tried your methods of closing with a blank drawing or saving a current one but the same thing happens.

I have tried deleting or changing the "/t" option on my desktop icon and even that doesn't work.

Where am I going wrong?
Hope you can help me.
Cheers
Rick Thomas
*Paul S
Message 5 of 5 (29 Views)

10-19-2004 09:35 AM in reply to: j.franklin
I would be interested in that answer too. When I asked it, all I got was - "We fixed that in ADT 2005." Well, THAT's a lot of help! ;-) "rfthomas" wrote in message news:9250594.1098202664447.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi Matt > > You seem to know how to solve things and I hope you may be able to help me. I have the same problem as jfranklin in that everytime I open ADT (even with my profile) the Tool palette moves to it's default position (& no transparency) and the properties palette doesn't open at all. > I've tried your methods of closing with a blank drawing or saving a current one but the same thing happens. > > I have tried deleting or changing the "/t" option on my desktop icon and even that doesn't work. > > Where am I going wrong? > Hope you can help me. > Cheers > Rick Thomas
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.