Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MVB automatic tags

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
170 Views, 2 Replies

MVB automatic tags

I have working on this for the last 4 hours. Using the file from Matt dillon and everything seems to work up to the last step to "Exporting the Property Set Definition and Schedule Table Style " I test my tag and when I first pick the error reads "cannot find specified symbol" I ok it and it ask to select I select and it gives a error of "no symbol has been specified for the tag" can anyone suggest what I need to do - I am close just can't figure it out here at the end.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, it should work. I am assuming that you are trying to work through Brain Dump No. 15, "Creating Custom Automatic Schedule Tags" and that you realize it was written for ADT2, so the folder structure has changed quite a bit since then.

Based on the error messages you report, I would suggest navigating to your content file on the Custom tab of DesignCenter. Select your tag, right click and choose Edit... from the context menu to open the Create AEC Content Wizard dialog. On the first "page", make certain that you have "added" the Multi-View Block and all view blocks used by the Multi-View Block to the content file. If any are missing in the Content File list box on the right, add them by selecting them in the Current Drawing list box and selecting the Add>>> button. Then proofread your Custom Command string, to make certain that you have correctly entered the name of your Multi-View Block after the _SYMBOL option, and that there is one space between _SYMBOL and your Multi-View Block name and one space after the name and before the _LEADER option.

See the attached screen capture for a sample. The name highlighted in the Custom Command dialog is the Multi-View Block name for that content file. Sorry, but I do not seem to have worked through the circle schedule Brain Dump using ADT2004, so I can not use that tag as my example.

--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Ok - I went home last night - did not work on it at home. I just came to work - Calmly went thru the steps paying close attention to the spaces you mentioned and it worked - not sure what I did different but it works. I destroyed it and recreated it 3 more times and it works. I am not sure I understand MVB's. Kind of a long answer to tell you Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report