Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing custom menu in Design Workspace

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
alistairc
377 Views, 2 Replies

Missing custom menu in Design Workspace

Please can you help or suggest what might be going wrong with the following problem -

My company has a VBA application with a custom CUI file comprising a simple menu and toolbar.

We are using AutoCAD Architectural Desktop 2007 for the first time (I normally use vanilla AutoCAD 2007 but one of our customers uses AutoCAD Architectural Desktop 2007) and we are having some strange problems getting ADT 2007 to display my customized menu form my custom cui file.

When I launch AutoCAD Architectural Desktop 2007 there are four workspaces listed in the "Workspaces" toolbar named as follows -

Design
Document
Detailing and
Visualization

When I open the "Customize User Interface" dialog, these four workspaces are listed in the ADT/Workspaces tree view in "Customizations in All CUI Files".
In my case, the "Design" workspace is currently configured to be both Default and Current.

I have created my own custom cui file which is loaded at run time comprising my set of custom menu, toolbar and commands etc

My menu and toolbar are correctly listed in all four "Workspaces Contents" tree views in the Customize User Interface dialog. With the "Document", "Detailing" or "Visualization" workspaces, both the menu and toolbar display correctly when any of these workspaces are set to current. However my problem is that in the "Design" Workspace Contents , my menu appears in the Menus list under the Menus node but is not displayed in the ADT2007 menu panel on the worktop even though my toolbar is correctly listed in the Workspace Contents tree view under the "Toolbars" node and IS displayed OK. (see attached image Workspace Contents Design Default.JPG).

In other words, my menu is missing from the worktop when I select the "Design" workspace but appears when I select any of the other three workspaces. The toolbar is displayed correctly whichever workspace is selected.

Furthermore, if I manually move my menu in the list order in the "Default" workspace in the CUI dialog then click the Apply button, this seems to refresh the menu panel and my menu suddenly appears, but when I exit the drawing and go back in later, its gone again.

Even more oddly, sometimes when I launch ADT 2007, sometimes my menu IS NOT listed in the "Design" Workspace Contents and does not appear in the worktop
I have to add it from my custom cui using the Customize Workspace button in Workspace contents tree view. Regrettably again when I exit the drawing and go back in later, its gone again and I have to configure all over again.

The user I am logged in as has full admin rights, my cui file has a fairly simple menu and toolbar.

(My custom menu works fine in plain AutoCAD 2007)

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
alistairc
in reply to: alistairc

Hi

This is what it should look like (with the "Document" workspace set to current - see attached image file
Message 3 of 3
alistairc
in reply to: alistairc

Hi

We seem to have fixed it.

What was happening was that in our VB app which launches AutoCAD we were applying our custom menu to the ACAD (base) menu group in the current workspace. In ADT 2007 the base menu group is not named ACAD, its named ADT so our code wasnt finding the menu group named ACAD that we were expecting ,so didnt load our menu.

Altering the code to look for ADT menu group fixed the missing menu problem.

(Still dont know why we could see the menu option OK when one of the non current workspaces was made current, but at least its working now).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report