Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migration of tool pallets & tool bars.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
163 Views, 3 Replies

migration of tool pallets & tool bars.

we are in the midst (I know, a little behind the eight ball) of changeing over to adt 05 from 04. i've spent a fair amount of time setting up the toolpallets with our standard doors & window. an icon for each one. and I've got a few others as well, and of course the tool bars. Now because of the office politcs, we are still carring about 95 % of our standard houses as line drawings with a 3d of the floor systems. in all honesty we probably never will full change over (not something I'm happy about). anyway, I'm looking for the best way to get the old customization into the new software. I've looked through the "Customize autocad for easy migration" and I don't see anything for the tool pallets....is it easy as copy it over?? Paul Caruthers
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

What kind of customization? Blocks, Linetypes, Layers? Most of it should come over in a usable fashion, but not necessarily optimal. -- David "Paul Caruthers" wrote in message news:423743fe$1_3@newsprd01... > we are in the midst (I know, a little behind the eight ball) of changeing > over to adt 05 from 04. i've spent a fair amount of time setting up the > toolpallets with our standard doors & window. an icon for each one. and > I've got a few others as well, and of course the tool bars. Now because > of the office politcs, we are still carring about 95 % of our standard > houses as line drawings with a 3d of the floor systems. in all honesty we > probably never will full change over (not something I'm happy about). > > anyway, I'm looking for the best way to get the old customization into the > new software. I've looked through the "Customize autocad for easy > migration" and I don't see anything for the tool pallets....is it easy as > copy it over?? > > Paul Caruthers >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

What kind of customization? Blocks, Linetypes, Layers? Most of it should come over in a usable fashion, but not necessarily optimal. David > "Paul Caruthers" wrote in message > news:423743fe$1_3@newsprd01... >> we are in the midst (I know, a little behind the eight ball) of changeing >> over to adt 05 from 04. i've spent a fair amount of time setting up the >> toolpallets with our standard doors & window. an icon for each one. and >> I've got a few others as well, and of course the tool bars. Now because >> of the office politcs, we are still carring about 95 % of our standard >> houses as line drawings with a 3d of the floor systems. in all honesty we >> probably never will full change over (not something I'm happy about). >> >> anyway, I'm looking for the best way to get the old customization into >> the new software. I've looked through the "Customize autocad for easy >> migration" and I don't see anything for the tool pallets....is it easy as >> copy it over?? >> >> Paul Caruthers >> > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

You should be able to put your ADT2004 palettes in a catalog, then open that catalog in ADT2005 and i-drop them from the catalog to your workspace. I have been able to use tools created in ADT2004 at work on a computer at home in ADT2005.

One possible issue could be source file locations. Any tools that use AEC Content files would need to have the old content location included in the ADT2005 AEC Content folder structure - you can place a Windows shortcut to include the old structure, or move the files and then either recreate the tools or edit the tool's content location path.

You also may want to look into the new tool capabilities in ADT2005 and decide whether some old tools or practices can be done better using one of the new enhancements.

--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report