Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked Sheet Set Views

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
243 Views, 9 Replies

Locked Sheet Set Views

We have run into an error that repeats itself at different times.
"Sheet set is being edited by another user" see attachment.
We are currently running XP on the desktop, ADT 2006 & Linux servers. The problem has been resolved in the past by changing permissions through the server.....Is this right? How else can this issue be resolved? Does anyone else have the same issue & if so when did it start?

Kind Regards
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
stephen.matthews
in reply to: Anonymous

We're also having that problem. Don't know yet what is causing it. We just rolled out ADT 2006 in the last few days. If I find the answer I'll come back and post it!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

stephen.matthews wrote:
> We're also having that problem. Don't know yet what is causing it. We just rolled out ADT 2006 in the last few days. If I find the answer I'll come back and post it!

Are you also storing your files on a linux (via SAMBA) server? If so I'd
be curious which version you and the O.P. are using (pre 3.x??)

--
David Kurtz
Peckham & Wright Architects, Inc.
Columbia, Missouri
Message 4 of 10
stephen.matthews

Yes we are running linux servers, but I'm not sure which version sorry. Will check with our IT people.

It seems its a problem with permissions for the DST file. One interesting thing is that people on network licenses aren't having this trouble, its only the staff on stand alone licenses. However once a project has been opened by someone on a stand alone, no one can edit the sheet set.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

OK.
Glad to hear I'm not alone with this issue. We have same problem, in that a user on a standalone sets up a project then the sheet set issue occurs with network users.
In answer to the server question Samba 3.0.20.
The issue raised its head last year(ADT2005), and our upgrade (ADT2006) at the weekend resurfaced the problem. However resetting the permissions on the server has not worked this time.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

c@dm@n wrote:
> In answer to the server question Samba 3.0.20.

Thanks... I was just wondering as I was planning to move to 3.x this fall.

--
David Kurtz
Columbia, Missouri
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

stephen.matthews wrote:

> It seems its a problem with permissions for the DST file. One interesting thing is that people on network licenses aren't having this trouble, its only the staff on stand alone licenses. However once a project has been opened by someone on a stand alone, no one can edit the sheet set.

Well I'll let you know if we encounter trouble with this as my 10 seats
are all "Stand Alone". Currently only myself and two others use the PN
for every project... And the one we are sharing right now (without issue
so far) is on a win2k fileserver.

--
David Kurtz
Columbia, Missouri
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

We seem to have solved this issue.
It stems from the interface package we use between Linux & Microsoft a package called Samba. We have run the most recent patch & this seems to have resolved it.
Basically between Linux & Samba permissions to certain folders created the locked files, downloading the recent patch resolves this.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Danny Hope wrote:
> We seem to have solved this issue.
> It stems from the interface package we use between Linux & Microsoft a package called Samba. We have run the most recent patch & this seems to have resolved it.
> Basically between Linux & Samba permissions to certain folders created the locked files, downloading the recent patch resolves this.

Thanks for the follow up.

--
David Kurtz
Columbia, Missouri
Message 10 of 10
amberb

We just switched to a Linux/Samba server and are having this issue. What patch (for Samba or for ACAD?) did you run and what version of Samba are you running?

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report