Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
843 Views, 4 Replies

Keyed Notes

I am creating a custom database for keyed notes. I have my list of notes, now I need to place them, but I am not getting what I expected. Basically, I want the appearance of the Sheet Keynote tool, i.e., a block w/ a number, but I need the number to be numbered for the PROJECT not the SHEET... i.e., I have notes with Key(s) numbered 1-50. I.e., I insert notes 3, 18, and 27 on one drawing, and notes 5, 18, and 49 on a second drawings... however, on both drawings, they end up numbered 1, 2, and 3. But, what I need is for throughout my job (all sheets) I.want keynote 3 to be the same thing... i.e., no renumbering... I want the sheet list of keynotes to only show the necessary keyed notes, i.e., the list on the first drawing would have notes 3, 18, and 27, and their associated text. Likewise, the second drawing would have notes 5, 18, and 49... Please help! -- Thanks, Martin Schmid, EIT, CCSA, MCDBA, MCSE
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yea, this is easy, instead of using sheet keys use the referenced keys with the frames selected. This will put a box around your keys on the plan. "Martin Schmid" wrote in message news:414a5376$1_3@newsprd01... >I am creating a custom database for keyed notes. > > I have my list of notes, now I need to place them, but I am not getting > what I expected. > > Basically, I want the appearance of the Sheet Keynote tool, i.e., a block > w/ a number, but I need the number to be numbered for the PROJECT not the > SHEET... i.e., I have notes with Key(s) numbered 1-50. I.e., I insert > notes 3, 18, and 27 on one drawing, and notes 5, 18, and 49 on a second > drawings... however, on both drawings, they end up numbered 1, 2, and 3. > But, what I need is for throughout my job (all sheets) I.want keynote 3 to > be the same thing... i.e., no renumbering... I want the sheet list of > keynotes to only show the necessary keyed notes, i.e., the list on the > first drawing would have notes 3, 18, and 27, and their associated text. > Likewise, the second drawing would have notes 5, 18, and 49... > > Please help! > > > -- > Thanks, > Martin Schmid, EIT, CCSA, MCDBA, MCSE >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I can't use a 'box', I need a block outline... i.e., a hexagon, circle, square, etc... I figgered it out...I just had to modify the sheet keynote to use a different attribute definition. -- Thanks, Martin Schmid, EIT, CCSA, MCDBA, MCSE "Gary" wrote in message news:414a763f$1_1@newsprd01... > Yea, this is easy, instead of using sheet keys use the referenced keys > with the frames selected. This will put a box around your keys on the > plan. > > > "Martin Schmid" wrote in message > news:414a5376$1_3@newsprd01... >>I am creating a custom database for keyed notes. >> >> I have my list of notes, now I need to place them, but I am not getting >> what I expected. >> >> Basically, I want the appearance of the Sheet Keynote tool, i.e., a block >> w/ a number, but I need the number to be numbered for the PROJECT not the >> SHEET... i.e., I have notes with Key(s) numbered 1-50. I.e., I insert >> notes 3, 18, and 27 on one drawing, and notes 5, 18, and 49 on a second >> drawings... however, on both drawings, they end up numbered 1, 2, and 3. >> But, what I need is for throughout my job (all sheets) I.want keynote 3 >> to be the same thing... i.e., no renumbering... I want the sheet list of >> keynotes to only show the necessary keyed notes, i.e., the list on the >> first drawing would have notes 3, 18, and 27, and their associated text. >> Likewise, the second drawing would have notes 5, 18, and 49... >> >> Please help! >> >> >> -- >> Thanks, >> Martin Schmid, EIT, CCSA, MCDBA, MCSE >> > >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Is it possible for you to share how you've set up your existing Keyed Note Database system.

I am wanting to do something very similar but I'm in the early phases of learning about Property Data Formats, Set Definitions, etc..

Are there any good tutor sources you can recommend...the ACAD help is "cumbersome"!
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

On 9/16/04 , Gary replied to Martin Schmid that it is easy to create a custom database for keyed notes ( "Autodesk Arch. Desktop 2007 & Prior" discussion)

I would like to be able to do that but need assistance- is Gary or Martin  still available for discussion? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report