Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior

Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior

Quatrefoil
Message 1 of 3 (3,654 Views)

Installing Architectural Desktop 3.3 on Windows 7

3654 Views, 2 Replies
03-04-2011 06:08 AM

I'm retired, doing wood working. I use ADT 3.3 to model my projects. I get a fatel error message when loading, twice. It validates in the beginning of the loading and proceeds.

Is it compatable with the operating system, or is there another problem?

Quatrefoil

wizakid
Message 2 of 3 (3,576 Views)

Re: Installing Architectural Desktop 3.3 on Windows 7

03-22-2011 06:55 AM in reply to: Quatrefoil

I was having the very same problem.  After a long night and early morning of searching for solutions, I finally found one that works for me.  Windows 7 has an XP mode available for download at:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

It can be a little diffictul to follow all the steps to get the XP mode installed and working, so be patient and be prepared to search google for more info.  Once installed, you can operate AutoCad 2002 ADT3.3 from a virtual XP platform right on your desktop....AWESOME!!!  You will have to find your CAD files on your harddrive and save them to a shortcut to the XP virtual desktop.

Hope it works for you.  All the best.

WiZa

rascoby
Message 3 of 3 (1,917 Views)

Re: Installing Architectural Desktop 3.3 on Windows 7

03-12-2013 07:30 AM in reply to: Quatrefoil

i want to know if it is possible to run autocad 3.3 on my windows7 machine and if possible how to go about it

thanks

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.