Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Architectural Desktop 3.3 on Windows 7

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Quatrefoil
7154 Views, 5 Replies

Installing Architectural Desktop 3.3 on Windows 7

I'm retired, doing wood working. I use ADT 3.3 to model my projects. I get a fatel error message when loading, twice. It validates in the beginning of the loading and proceeds.

Is it compatable with the operating system, or is there another problem?

Quatrefoil

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wizakid
in reply to: Quatrefoil

I was having the very same problem.  After a long night and early morning of searching for solutions, I finally found one that works for me.  Windows 7 has an XP mode available for download at:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

It can be a little diffictul to follow all the steps to get the XP mode installed and working, so be patient and be prepared to search google for more info.  Once installed, you can operate AutoCad 2002 ADT3.3 from a virtual XP platform right on your desktop....AWESOME!!!  You will have to find your CAD files on your harddrive and save them to a shortcut to the XP virtual desktop.

Hope it works for you.  All the best.

WiZa

Message 3 of 6
rascoby

i want to know if it is possible to run autocad 3.3 on my windows7 machine and if possible how to go about it

thanks

Message 4 of 6
jatnewafricont

I'm retired, doing architectural designs. I use autodesk architectural desktop 3.3 to model my projects. I get a fatel error message when loading, twice. It validates in the beginning of the loading and proceeds.

Is it compatable with the operating system, or is there another problem?

Message 5 of 6
pendean
in reply to: jatnewafricont

ADT3.3 is note designed to work with Win7.
Message 6 of 6
rascoby
in reply to: jatnewafricont

Its just not compatible with your operating windows,you can try the 2008 is as good as the 3.3

Sent from my iPhone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report