Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hatching won't show up

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
56719 Views, 14 Replies

hatching won't show up

I can't create hatching. I can open the dialog, & go through the process of setting up the hatching, but when I preview it nothing shows up, & when I accept, nothing shows up.
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Try reducing the scale of the hatch .... it could just be you only are displaying the "white area" between the linework. You can easily test this by using the "SOLID" hatch pattern. "Weetie" wrote in message news:40e5b95c_1@newsprd01... > I can't create hatching. I can open the dialog, & go through the process of > setting up the hatching, but when I preview it nothing shows up, & when I > accept, nothing shows up. > >
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous

Nope, doesn't work. I tried scaling it with many different scales, and also using solid. Neither gave any result. "dth" <...> wrote in message news:40e5b9f3_3@newsprd01... > Try reducing the scale of the hatch .... it could just be you only are > displaying the "white area" between the linework. You can easily test this > by using the "SOLID" hatch pattern. > > "Weetie" wrote in message > news:40e5b95c_1@newsprd01... > > I can't create hatching. I can open the dialog, & go through the process > of > > setting up the hatching, but when I preview it nothing shows up, & when I > > accept, nothing shows up. > > > > > >
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous

Are you trying to place AutoCAD hatch [using, perhaps the BHATCH command] or are you trying to place a hatch as part of and ADT object? For the latter to show up, the Display Representation being applied to that object would need to have the display of the desired hatch components turned on [and, if hard-coded to a specific layer, that layer would also need to be on, thawed and VPLAYER thawed] for the hatch to be visible.

--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

Nope, just trying to do plain old bhatch. I've gone through all the options/prefs I can find & can't find anything to turn on/off that might have an effect on it. It just doesn't seem to work. "David_W._Koch" wrote in message news:9041938.1089149063622.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Are you trying to place AutoCAD hatch [using, perhaps the BHATCH command] or are you trying to place a hatch as part of and ADT object? For the latter to show up, the Display Representation being applied to that object would need to have the display of the desired hatch components turned on [and, if hard-coded to a specific layer, that layer would also need to be on, thawed and VPLAYER thawed] for the hatch to be visible. > > -- > > David Koch > Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Message 6 of 15
smiguel79

Try changing your FILLMODE, if it's set to 0 then change it to 1

Message 7 of 15
stebbins

This is happening to me as well, for no apparent reason!

The outlines are showing up, so it feels the edges, it just simply won't fill in anything!!

Inexplicable glitch I've never encountered before.

Tags (2)
Message 8 of 15
pich89

I was having this problem as well. However, I did solve my problem. When you are in the hatch dialog box check under Options then Layer. Make sure the layer you want your hatch to appear on is set (could also set it to current). Hope this helps. For some reason this setting just changed on me. 

Message 9 of 15
MITTMORRIS3624
in reply to: pich89

Thank you so much. This has just happened to me after 17 years on Autocad and I had never noticed the layer box in the hatch menu.
Message 10 of 15
afraser
in reply to: smiguel79

Thanks Champion

Message 11 of 15
janetmagin
in reply to: pich89

Thanks for the help.  I also having been hatching in autocad for many years and never had to select the current layer under options or a layer that was turned on.

Appreciate the help

Janet

Message 12 of 15

Hi,

I too have been having the same problem, but with a twist.  I can create hatch in some files but not in others, so obviously one would assume it is a layer problem, but that doesnt seem to be it. Also,  if I bring in an xref hatch it will show up, but if the xref hatch is solid fill it only shows up as a diagonal line through the region. 

Message 13 of 15

Welcome to the community!

This may not be your issue, since this System Variable is stored in the Registry, so should be the same for all drawings (on a given machine, for a given user), but you may want to check the HPMAXLINES System Variable value.  This sets an upper limit on the number of lines that will be displayed in a single hatch, and can range from 100 to 10000000.  The Help says that the initial value is 1000000, but that is probably for vanilla AutoCAD.  Mine was set to the maximum, 10000000, and I do not recall changing it since getting my current computer a few months back.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 14 of 15

Hmmmm....HPMAXLINES doesn't seem to help, no matter how few or many I try.

It must be in my settings somewhere because I have discovered that if i just open a new drawing I can't seeem to create a hatch. It acts normal when I do it but nothing shows up.  I can only seem to create a hatch if I open up older drawings that I previously created on my last computer, (I am working on a new computer).

Message 15 of 15
yandito13

make sure your hatch is assigned to an active layer . 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report