Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior

Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior

Distinguished Contributor
phildlight
Message 1 of 1 (88 Views)

hatch trim?

88 Views, 0 Replies
05-17-2005 03:26 PM
here is a new one. I have a 3/4" mdf section created through the detail component manager. This section of mdf is 4'-0" long. I drew a line through the center, offset it 4" on each side of center and trimmed out the "plywood" hatch in the middle. Works. Then I want to trim the lines I offset to be flush with the mdf (or 3/4" long) and when I do, the hatch reverses it's location. In other words, there was no hatch in the 8" center hole, but when I trim the lines, the hatch goes to the center, and disappears from the outside remainders.

I actually noticed this in 05. I had a floor plan with hatching over it (it was a legacy dwg of a space plan from long ago, so it didn't have spaces or areas) and it wasn't worth converting just to do some take offs. So I modified the hatch. I thought it was great that I could trim hatch, but ran into huge problems with the island order reversing. The hatch would disappear from the floor plan and show up everywhere I didn't want it to, like in the columns, and over text. What's that about? Fix?
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.