Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ganged single hung aluminum windows. Best method?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
504 Views, 2 Replies

Ganged single hung aluminum windows. Best method?

Before I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to do this I thought I'd ask the experts...I'm drawing apartments...in these apartments I need single, double and triple ganged aluminum windows, single hung with two horizontal lites each sash...they need to schedule as one unit each, i.e. the double and triple gang units would equal one schedule entry...all are the same height 4'-4" and the individual windows in each gang are 3'-0"...I have already created the single unit, but how is the best way to create the ganged units?...window assemblies?...curtain walls?...if anyone has a similar window I could modify to learn the ropes I'd appreciate it...thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Window assemblies with the single hung windows as
the infill.

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Before
I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to do this I thought I'd ask
the experts...I'm drawing apartments...in these apartments I need single,
double and triple ganged aluminum windows, single hung with two horizontal
lites each sash...they need to schedule as one unit each, i.e. the double and
triple gang units would equal one schedule entry...all are the same height
4'-4" and the individual windows in each gang are 3'-0"...I have already
created the single unit, but how is the best way to create the ganged
units?...window assemblies?...curtain walls?...if anyone has a similar window
I could modify to learn the ropes I'd appreciate
it...thanks.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

And set up your schedules/tags to only tag the assembly. If you have other individual windows that need to be in the schedule, you could either jump into Classifications [I have not done so yet] or put the windows within an assembly on a different layer and use a layer filter to exclude those from the schedule.

--

David Koch
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report