Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

framed opening (with no door) in door schedule shows door size

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jorgeseptien
1208 Views, 1 Reply

framed opening (with no door) in door schedule shows door size

I have a door schedule that I created from the template and I am using the framed opening from the tool palette in my plan.  However, when I pull the information into the door schedule, under the door size I see 3'-0 x 7'-0.  There is no door in the door frame.  How do I get it to show blank our with dashes so it is clear there is no door?

Jorge Septien
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: jorgeseptien

I would leave the size - you still have to communicate how big the opening of the frame is.  You could label the column(s) showing the size as "OPENING SIZE", rather than "DOOR SIZE".  Our door schedule has columns for Door Type, Material, Glazing and Hardware, all of which would have "--" for a cased opening, making it clear that there is no door at this frame.

If you still wanted to get rid of the dimensions, you could set up a formula property that would pass through the size(s) for openings with actual doors and show nothing ("") or one or more hyphens for a cased opening.  If you are working in imperial units, and also use one of the combined size (H x W or H x W x T) automatic properties (especially if you use one of the "pair" variants), you may find that getting the raw dimensions appropriately formatted is more trouble than it is worth, due to the embedded inch marks, which can be misinterpreted as the end of a string by ACA. 

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report