Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field (Current Sheet Number) is not updating or showing ####?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
6091 Views, 5 Replies

Field (Current Sheet Number) is not updating or showing ####?

I have a field in a on my Title Block the references the current sheet number for a sheet within a project. I have a total of 7 sheets and 1 is not updating. Why? I copied the field from another drawing to perserve the formatting, I did this with all of the sheets. Please help. Thanks, Brian
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Try right-clicking on the sheet set node and "Refresh Sheet Set". You can also try the cammand UPDATEFIELD and select the fields to update. If this doesn't work, make sure that the drawing layout is actually a sheet in a sheet set. -- Paul McArdle Autodesk, Inc. "Brian E. Goldman" wrote in message news:41750106_1@newsprd01... I have a field in a on my Title Block the references the current sheet number for a sheet within a project. I have a total of 7 sheets and 1 is not updating. Why? I copied the field from another drawing to perserve the formatting, I did this with all of the sheets. Please help. Thanks, Brian
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

How do I know if the drawing sheet belongs to a sheet set? If it is listed in the project navigator sheets windows is it not a part of the sheet? "Paul McArdle [autodesk]" wrote in message news:41751311_2@newsprd01... Try right-clicking on the sheet set node and "Refresh Sheet Set". You can also try the cammand UPDATEFIELD and select the fields to update. If this doesn't work, make sure that the drawing layout is actually a sheet in a sheet set. -- Paul McArdle Autodesk, Inc. "Brian E. Goldman" wrote in message news:41750106_1@newsprd01... I have a field in a on my Title Block the references the current sheet number for a sheet within a project. I have a total of 7 sheets and 1 is not updating. Why? I copied the field from another drawing to perserve the formatting, I did this with all of the sheets. Please help. Thanks, Brian
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I recieved the following errors in the log when I refreshed the sheet set: Sheet: A2.1 - FRONT . LEFT SIDE & REAR ELEVATIONS Location: C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\My Documents\PROJ\QuickRelease\CONDOCS\Sheets\A2.1 Elevations.dwg Status: Sheet not found in this drawing Sheet: A1.3 - DIMENSIONED ADMIN PLAN Location: C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\My Documents\PROJ\QuickRelease\CONDOCS\Sheets\A1.3 ADMIN DIMENSIONED.dwg Status: Sheet not found in this drawing "Paul McArdle [autodesk]" wrote in message news:41751311_2@newsprd01... Try right-clicking on the sheet set node and "Refresh Sheet Set". You can also try the cammand UPDATEFIELD and select the fields to update. If this doesn't work, make sure that the drawing layout is actually a sheet in a sheet set. -- Paul McArdle Autodesk, Inc. "Brian E. Goldman" wrote in message news:41750106_1@newsprd01... I have a field in a on my Title Block the references the current sheet number for a sheet within a project. I have a total of 7 sheets and 1 is not updating. Why? I copied the field from another drawing to perserve the formatting, I did this with all of the sheets. Please help. Thanks, Brian
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

That should be a pretty good indication that it is a sheet. ; ) Try inserting a new field directly in the sheet for the current sheet number and see if the new one reflects the sheet number and updates properly. -- Paul McArdle Autodesk, Inc. "Brian E. Goldman" wrote in message news:41752544$1_3@newsprd01... How do I know if the drawing sheet belongs to a sheet set? If it is listed in the project navigator sheets windows is it not a part of the sheet? "Paul McArdle [autodesk]" wrote in message news:41751311_2@newsprd01... Try right-clicking on the sheet set node and "Refresh Sheet Set". You can also try the cammand UPDATEFIELD and select the fields to update. If this doesn't work, make sure that the drawing layout is actually a sheet in a sheet set. -- Paul McArdle Autodesk, Inc. "Brian E. Goldman" wrote in message news:41750106_1@newsprd01... I have a field in a on my Title Block the references the current sheet number for a sheet within a project. I have a total of 7 sheets and 1 is not updating. Why? I copied the field from another drawing to perserve the formatting, I did this with all of the sheets. Please help. Thanks, Brian
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Okay. I fixed it. I right click on the sheet and then properties selected the browser button for the "Expected Layout" and then a dialogue box came up asking to use a layout fo a sheet. I then went to the folder and selected the drawing and then refreshed the sheet set....no errors this time. Thanks for the pointers. "Paul McArdle [autodesk]" wrote in message news:41751311_2@newsprd01... Try right-clicking on the sheet set node and "Refresh Sheet Set". You can also try the cammand UPDATEFIELD and select the fields to update. If this doesn't work, make sure that the drawing layout is actually a sheet in a sheet set. -- Paul McArdle Autodesk, Inc. "Brian E. Goldman" wrote in message news:41750106_1@newsprd01... I have a field in a on my Title Block the references the current sheet number for a sheet within a project. I have a total of 7 sheets and 1 is not updating. Why? I copied the field from another drawing to perserve the formatting, I did this with all of the sheets. Please help. Thanks, Brian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report