Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal error unhandled e06d7363h exception at 7c812fd3h

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
r-t-design
9763 Views, 8 Replies

Fatal error unhandled e06d7363h exception at 7c812fd3h

This just started today. Fatal Error  When I start ADT2006 it load like normal with my default template. But when I open an existing file this error comes up Fatal Error Unhandled e06d7363h  exception at 7c812fd3h.  I can open the drawing by double clicking the file but with same error as show in second pic.  Tried some of the suggestion without success. uninstalled most resent windows updates, did not help. Only new install since last time it ran good was something to do with C++ redistribute. But there are several listed and not sure which to remove, plus it would make the program that installed it no longer run.  Cant remember what it was. also installed eM Client, cant see how a email client program would cause the problem. Nothing else new.  My machine is a Win XP Pro sp3 with all updates, except the last 4 I just removed. Video was updated, but ADT was working after that update.  Also tried purge, audit and recover on the files, same error, does not matter what file I open.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: r-t-design

Windows System Restore back to a week or month it all worked would be the first thing to try.
Message 3 of 9
r-t-design

Windows system restore is not reliable.  Tryied it once in the past and it corupted the entire system. Had to rebuild, reinstall windows and everything else.  Not my first choice.

Did not want to remove and reinstall ADT 2006.  All that customization of menus, toobars, settings. etc. what a pain.  But better then a system rebuild.  So my first coice was to go to Control Panel, Add Remove Programs, Select ADT 2006, Click on Change,  Select Repair Components, then selected to Repair Errors in Components.  My next coice was to Repair Registry, if the first selection did not work.

So far ADT is working.  Able to load drawings, save, edit, layers command, just like before.  So today will be a full testing day.  But working so far.  The only thing I had to do after the repair is go back into options and type in the search folders, default template,  directory paths and such,  but all other menu and toolbar custonization was still intact. 

I have had repairs actually corrupt the program in the past, so I was reluctant. But since a remove and reinstall was an option, a repair was the first quick choice.  And so far it has worked.

My advice, select the quickest possible solution, repair.  Can always do a remove and reinstall it the repair does not work. Last choice would be a Windows Restore.  Not reliable in XP.  At least for me. Only if a reinstall of ADT failed would I select a Restore Point.  But fully expect to reformat and rebuild your system.  In other words, Completly Backup All Data And Important Files before doing a restore. Just incase it gets corrupted and you have to rebuild. 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Any one have solve this problem? please share the solution. I have this same fatal error happen in the 2013 version.

Message 5 of 9
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure if your problem is the same as the one that this article addresses, but it may be worth reading and trying.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

The error case is not same. Anyone have experience the same error code? please share the resolve method. Thank you.

Message 7 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Eror code means nothing to anyone: your actions leading up to it occuring and/or any system/network changes are usually the culprit and needs to be addressed there.

Try to work with someone you know with more IT knowledge to diagnose and/or reinstall your OS and AutoCAD. Good luck.
Message 8 of 9
sigecom
in reply to: pendean

hello,

i had this error today.

after 8 hours , i found my problem.

My server was out of service this morning when i tried to launch autocad. i didn't knew that.

So when  i tried to load my menu on autocad that was saved on the server , i had the fatal error . finally a wrong  file was written on the server.

after i deleted my menu.mnr, autocad was ok.

Message 9 of 9
pendean
in reply to: sigecom

Thank you for the follow up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report