Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FATAL ERROR: Out of memory - shutting down

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dynamo23
533 Views, 4 Replies

FATAL ERROR: Out of memory - shutting down

FATAL ERROR: Out of memory - shutting down (its an "AutoCAD error Aborting" message)

Does anyone know of a fix for this, it only happens when I try to open large drawings, smaller ones open fine? I'm using Architectural Desktop 2004 on a P4 2.2Ghz Dell Inspiron laptop with 512MB of RAM, 64MB Nvidia video card and the virtual memory is set to be managed by the system and running Windows XP Pro. The drawings open fine on other systems. I tried searching the Autodesk knowledge base, but couldn't find anything useful. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Chris
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: dynamo23

How large is the file?

"dynamo23" wrote in message
news:f1a1f24.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
FATAL ERROR: Out of memory - shutting down (its an "AutoCAD error Aborting"
message)
Does anyone know of a fix for this, it only happens when I try to open large
drawings, smaller ones open fine? I'm using Architectural Desktop 2004 on a
P4 2.2Ghz Dell Inspiron laptop with 512MB of RAM, 64MB Nvidia video card and
the virtual memory is set to be managed by the system and running Windows XP
Pro. The drawings open fine on other systems. I tried searching the Autodesk
knowledge base, but couldn't find anything useful. Any help would be
appreciated. Thank you.
Chris
Message 3 of 5
dynamo23

Actually the drawings are not that large, I can open base drawings, but anything with an Xref won't open. The base file is 800KB and the Xref files are between 479 and 600KB.
Message 4 of 5
dynamo23

I have done a System Restore, and even uninstalled and reinstalled ADT 2004 and it still won't work. Now I am able to get a new message, but first I got a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - runtime error
then I clicked ok and got this error: The instruction at 0x006f91c0 referenced memory at 0x0186b8b0. The memory
could not be read.
Message 5 of 5
dynamo23

Just an update as to my situation. After doing a reinstallation, a repair, a registry repair, an uninstall and reinstall and still no change. I finally had a brainwave and deleted the temp folder under my Windows profile and now everything works fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report