Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express Tools Not Working

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
TheOnlyIDLeft
1232 Views, 5 Replies

Express Tools Not Working

I reloaded my older 2002 ADT to work on blocks some for a friend of mine that still uses it. I noticed that the Express tools aren't working and they would make it easier and quicker to finish the blocks. Does anyone remember that far back on what files or what not needed to loaded to make them work?

Thanks,

Robert

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I am not certain it extends that far back, but as far back as I can remember the Express Tools are not installed by default with ADT.  You have to do a custom install and then find the check box that indicates that you want the Express Tools feature installed.  You may be able to go to Programs and Features in the Control Panel (or, depending on your OS, it may be something like Add/Remove Programs) and modify the installation to add the Express Tools feature without completely uninstalling ADT.

If you are certain that you have already installed them, try typing EXPRESSTOOLS at the Command: prompt to get the associated menu to load.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply. Well I did a full install with and got the Express Tools in the menus bar and  the toolbars for them. Just get an unknown command when I try to use them. I tried EXPRESSTOOLS in the command line and got the same "unknown command."

Any other thoughts?

Thanks again,

Robert

Message 4 of 6

Perhaps the folder in which the Express Tools were installed did not get added to your AutoCAD search path (Options dialog, Files tab, under the Support File Search Path node).  For a stand-alone installation of ACA 2011 that used all of the default file locations, I have this folder in my search path:

C:\program files\autodesk\autocad architecture 2011\express

Depending upon how you did your installation (and what version of ACA you are running, the Express Tools may have been installed in a different folder.  If you can find that folder, add it to your search path and see if that helps.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 6

Support File Search Path for the Express file was one of the frist things I checked on and it was there.

Any other thoughts.

Thanks again,

Robert

Message 6 of 6

Hey David,

Thanks again for the replies, thoughts, and ideas. With your last thought about the Express file not added under the Support File Search Path I thought I'd try re-installing the link for the Express file and got a messagae about not having permission for use of them. So I decided that for some reason some of the files did not get installed. So I open up my disk and explored the supoport files and found a few files that did not get installed so I copied them over and now all is a go.

Thank again,

Robert

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report