Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing doors sizes in the Tool Palettes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Cubby2012
1090 Views, 3 Replies

Editing doors sizes in the Tool Palettes

When a try to enter in a the height and width of the door in the Dimensions tab AutoCAD will not let me select them. It will highlight the number and stay the same. Where can I go to change the settings of this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Cubby2012

Is the tool palette on which the tool is located read only/locked?  If so, you will not be able to edit the tool without making the palette editable.

Is the tool or the palette on which the tool resides refreshable from a tool catalog?  If so, you will not be able to edit the contents unless you temporarily make the tool/palette non-refreshable.  After editing the tool's properties, you will need to update the source tool in the tool catalog (assuming you have write authority to do so) before resetting the tool/palette back to refreshable.  (If you reset the tool/palette back to refreshable without updating the source tool in the tool catalog, the refresh that takes place when you turn refreshability back on will reset the values back to the previous values.)

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Cubby2012
in reply to: David_W_Koch

I am not sure if the palette is read only / locked. How can I check on that? Brad Westfahl Architectural Designer brad.westfahl@corriganscbs.com EMAIL TEST-12012 Best of The Bay Finalist-5 PH. 920.336.2588 EXT. 111 CELL. 920.371.2709 FAX. 920.336.4052 4424 Dickinson RD. De Pere, WI 54115 www.corriganscbs.com
Message 4 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Cubby2012

Look at the bottom corner of the palette, on the tab side.  There will be a lock icon if the palette is read only.  There will be an icon with two arrows in a circular pattern if the palette is refreshable from a tool catalog.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report