Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edit referenced property set data

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
248 Views, 7 Replies

edit referenced property set data

So...If I'm in a construct (Reflected Ceiling Plan) that has another construct in it (floor Plan) that contains spaces with a psd attached, can I edit the PSD in the floor plan construct via the reflected ceiling plan construct? When I use the Edit Referenced Propert Set Data the PSD shows the info, but it is grayed out and uneditable.

I can tag the nested spaces in the reflected ceiling construct, but I learned something. The tags need to be inserted without the PSDs they normally attach. Only then will they reference the PSDs in the floor plan construct
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You are using Project Navigator terminology ("construct") - are you using Project Navigator?

--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Using ADT 2004 at work; access to 2005, 2006 & 2007 at home
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

I have tried, and failed, with both regular xrefing, and by using the PN.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

What version of ADT are you using?

--

David Koch
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I can not test that here at work, and it may be a while before I have time and computer access at home. If anyone else running 2006 wants to jump in here, feel free.

--

David Koch
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I can confirm the behavior you are seeing. If you set the data source to the floor plan drawing, so that changes to the data there are reflected in tag, then editing of the data is disabled in another construct (in PN) or another file (outside PN) that externally references the floor plan file.

Outside or inside of PN, I was able to select the external reference, right click and choose Edit Xref in-place..., and then edit the data attached to the spaces. Inside PN, it would be easy enough to open the floor plan construct.

One thing I did find is that if I selected the tag added to the reflected ceiling construct (with data source set to the floor plan construct file) and tried to edit the room name on the Extended Data tab of the Properties palette - which was not grayed out - I would get an alert stating that the file was locked, and then the floor plan file would be locked - from Refedit, from opening through PN, from opening directly - even though no DWL file was generated. The only way I could clear the lock was to shut down ADT 2006 and restart it. Very annoying.

--

David Koch
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

So no solution other than to edit the actual drawing that has the spaces. The tags I've got under control. They update, etc. But I really wish that outside or inside the PN you could hit the "info" from the RCP without interrupting anyone else working in the base plan.

Wishes

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report