Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Monitor Causes Corruption??

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
calpolyarc
305 Views, 4 Replies

Dual Monitor Causes Corruption??

I posted a thread in the ACAD Display group about dual monitor techniques, sharing that I like to have 2 ADT's open, one on each monitor. I got a reply saying that this may cause file corruption. Does anybody know anything about this???
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: calpolyarc

Thats silly. Of course you can. But why 2 sessions? Just span both monitors... "calpolyarc" wrote in message news:30511694.1092258361126.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I posted a thread in the ACAD Display group about dual monitor techniques, sharing that I like to have 2 ADT's open, one on each monitor. I got a reply saying that this may cause file corruption. Does anybody know anything about this???
Message 3 of 5
calpolyarc

Well that is my original reason for posting. I wanted to get different ideas on how people are using a dual monitor setup. I don't like spanning both monitors because I can't maximize a drawing, and I don't like shuffling the windows all over the place. With 2 sessions, I have maximized drawings on both screens, as well as all of my tools/palettes. What I haven't figured out yet, is how to have, for example, 2 ADT icons, one that will open a session on one screen, and another one that will open the second session on the other screen. As it is, I have to manually move the 2nd session to the 2nd screen, and then move all of the palettes over there too. I'm open to any ideas!! Thanks.
Message 4 of 5
FLAMEJOB

I am using 2 monitors and use the software that came with the graphics card. NVIDA use a great utitliy that adds a new button to the minimise maximise and close buttons. It also allows you to customise where dialogue boxes come up and which monitor applications start on and if you can span.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Although I use duals, its rare that I span both monitors, and when I do, I am typically "analyzing" 2 different dwgs, not necessarily "working" on them. The best I get out of duals is multiple apps and a place for all the ADT dialogues and palettes, help, CB, PN so on and so forth... "calpolyarc" wrote in message news:3736521.1092362783595.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Well that is my original reason for posting. I wanted to get different ideas on how people are using a dual monitor setup. I don't like spanning both monitors because I can't maximize a drawing, and I don't like shuffling the windows all over the place. With 2 sessions, I have maximized drawings on both screens, as well as all of my tools/palettes. What I haven't figured out yet, is how to have, for example, 2 ADT icons, one that will open a session on one screen, and another one that will open the second session on the other screen. As it is, I have to manually move the 2nd session to the 2nd screen, and then move all of the palettes over there too. I'm open to any ideas!! Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report