Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door Schedules For Hotels

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
shawnr72
510 Views, 7 Replies

Door Schedules For Hotels

I have a general question. I have a door schedule that I have created and it seems to do everythng that I needed up to this point.

I am currently working on a project where there are about 6 unit types for hotel rooms. I have a file for each one of the types and these are xrefed into an overall floor plan since the same unit types are used in multiple locations.

Each of the units will be given a different room/unit number and I need to create an overall door schedule with all the doors from all the units.

Since I use the unit type as an xref but that unit is used multiple times, how can I add schedule information to the doors in unit type so that it works for each instance that is used. I would like to add the information to the unit doors only once with the exception of the room number as this would be the only thing to change from unit to unit.

Is there any way to accomplish this?

If there is any help on this or other post that others know about, please let me know.

Shawn
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: shawnr72

We just shedule the individual unit types. If you have 1/4" sheets set up
for each specific unit, put a unit specific schedule there. On larger
sheets we usually "grey-out" the units and deal with floor-specific
construction, i.e. core , exterior envelope, circulation.

jb
Message 3 of 8
shawnr72

I need to generate one large door schedule. Many of the doors will be identical except for the unit number.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

shawnr72 wrote:
> I need to generate one large door schedule. Many of the doors will be identical except for the unit number.

If you add all of your DoorObject and FrameObject property sets in the
Element, it *should* schedule exactly as you wish after you add tags in
the View or Construct.

--
Brian Winterscheidt
LWPB Architects & Planners, P.C.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Message 5 of 8
shawnr72

Does this mean that the only way to do this is to use project navigator? Haven't used this at all to this point. We have our own system for project organization and haven't looked at this part of program.

Any other way if we don't use proj navigator.

Shawn
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

shawnr72 wrote:
> Does this mean that the only way to do this is to use project navigator? Haven't used this at all to this point. We have our own system for project organization and haven't looked at this part of program.
>
> Any other way if we don't use proj navigator.
>
> Shawn

Sorry, I don't know.

Been using PN, and haven't tried anything without it.

--
Brian Winterscheidt
LWPB Architects & Planners, P.C.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

You can do this outside of Project Navigator, but be aware that tagging through Xrefs is problematic outside of PN. In my test files, I got the property data right the first time. If I had to go back and change a room number, getting the tags in the composite schedule file to update would not be automatic, at least not in ADT 2004, where these files were created. My recollection is the process improved somewhat in 2005 and I do not believe I ever tested it in 2006 to see if there were further improvements.

The attached ZIP file contains several files that demonstrate that you can do this outside of PN. The files include a simple unit plan that is externally referenced in both the first and second floor plan files, which are, in turn, externally referenced into a composite drawing, where the tags are applied and the schedule placed. The schedule is set up to scan the external references to find the doors.

In order to get unique room numbers, I added the spaces in the first and second floor plan files, not in the unit file. If you were using PN, the space could be in the unit plan, and the leveling feature could append the level of the construct in which a particular unit plan was placed.

The DoorObjects property set is attached to the door in the unit plan file, so that the location grip is active there. It is capable of reading the room numbers when xreffed into either the first or second floor file. [I modified the out-of-the-box DoorObjects:RoomNumber property to read the RoomObjects:Number property, not the RoomObjects:NumberProjectBased property, as there will not be valid data in the latter, as these files are not part of an ADT "Project".]

These files are likely not set up the way you would like, so be certain to test things out with the files done "your way" to be certain that the concept holds true under those circumstances, as well. And do test how well things update if you go back and edit a room number. You may get updates if you remove the property data overrides set up in the composite file when tagging through an xref.

Hope this helps get you started.

--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Message 8 of 8
shawnr72

I will give it a try. Thanks for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report