Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior

king-nyc
Message 1 of 4 (416 Views)
Accepted Solution

Detail Default Layer

416 Views, 3 Replies
05-05-2011 04:39 AM

I have a question about default layer.

When you turn on the detailing mode, and add object from detail tools, how do you turn on the default layer? Right now, all objects are under current layer.

I want to use the default layer. i.e. when u add gypsum board, the outline would be in "mid"? & and the hatch would be in "hatch".

Do you have your current Layer Key Style set to "Current Layer"?  If you set it to a specific Layer Key Style, that style will include Layer Keys that work with the out-of-the-box Details components:  FINE, HATCH, MED, THIN, WIDE.  You can assign the layer name and attributes of your liking to those Layer Keys and when you insert a component, the linework associated with each Layer Key will be placed on the layer assigned to that Layer Key.

*Expert Elite*
David_W._Koch
Message 2 of 4 (405 Views)

Re: Detail Default Layer

05-05-2011 09:25 AM in reply to: king-nyc

Do you have your current Layer Key Style set to "Current Layer"?  If you set it to a specific Layer Key Style, that style will include Layer Keys that work with the out-of-the-box Details components:  FINE, HATCH, MED, THIN, WIDE.  You can assign the layer name and attributes of your liking to those Layer Keys and when you insert a component, the linework associated with each Layer Key will be placed on the layer assigned to that Layer Key.

David Koch
king-nyc
Message 3 of 4 (392 Views)

05-06-2011 06:17 AM in reply to: king-nyc

Thx!

How do u change from current layer to something else?

Sorry if my question is a stupid question.

king-nyc
Message 4 of 4 (389 Views)

05-06-2011 07:28 AM in reply to: king-nyc

For some reason, my layer dwg doesn't have layer, I copied from another PC. Problem solved.

Thx so much!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.