Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customization File Load Failed

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nkatharos
629 Views, 3 Replies

Customization File Load Failed

Hi,

I am running Architectural Desk Top 2007 on a windows 7 64 bit computer. The problem I am having is that the program will not save the user profile information. Each time I log on I get the message "Customization file failed. File not found: G:\adt2007\enu\support\adt.cui". I then set the cui file for the main and enterprise file. The program loads and runs correctly.

After I log off and log back on the cui setting is not recognized and I get the message "Customization file failed. File not found: G:\adt2007\enu\support\adt.cui".

Is anyone familiar with this problem?

Thank you,

Nick

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: nkatharos

Bad news first: ADT2007 is not suported in Win7 64bit.

Are you running ADT207 in XP Mode?
Is ADT2007 loading an external profile when it starts? By default it always does unless you have actively and deliberately changed that reality.
Do you have Windows Log-in full admin rights to run ADT2007 and to access that G: drive folder? Required.
Is that G: drive pathed in OPTIONS/Files tab in ADT2007 in the AutoCAD Search path folders list? Required.
Message 3 of 4
nkatharos
in reply to: pendean

XP mode? - Yes
External Profile? - I'm not sure. How can you tell?
Full Admin rights? - Yes
The G: drive is pathed. The Cui Files are shown correctly when Autocad opens but it acts like they are not loaded or it can't find them. If I go through and repathe the cui files then it will recognize them. Things work correctly at this point. After I log off and log on AutoCAD will show the CUI files pathed correctly but won't recognize them.
Thanks for your help,
I'm stumped on this one
Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: nkatharos

I have no experience with running XP Mode for that may be the actual problem.

But... the best way to ensure ADT2007 is not running an external profile at startup is to create your own profile in ADT (OPTIONS>Profiles Tab), make it your active/current one, set everything and all paths the way you want them to be. See what happens when you restart ADT2007.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report