Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

curtain wall to follow pline?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jhendershot
199 Views, 4 Replies

curtain wall to follow pline?

can this be done? i want to create a curtain wall and then have it follow the path of a pline/spline.

see attached image.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BOBKELLERMAN
in reply to: jhendershot

I am very rusty, probably should not answer, but it is Friday Afternoon, and you may not get a better one today.
The key might be to create a style of curtainwall and apply it to a curtainwall you create on the p-line.
If you do not mind a design comment, the door being off center in your pattern might throw off the symmetry, especially because you have a mullion hitting it off center. Perhaps reconsider the design a bit.

BOB
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

1. Draw the spline in plan.
2. Right Click on the Curtain Wall tool in the tool palette.
3. Select Aplly To -> Referenced Base Curve.
4. Select Spline.
5. Switch to your desired style.

James

jhendershot wrote:
> can this be done? i want to create a curtain wall and then have it follow the path of a pline/spline.
>
> see attached image.
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
Message 4 of 5
jhendershot

thanks. i finally figured that out over the weekend.

the trouble i am having now with it though is that it doesn't follow the line the correct way. its reversed. how do i correct this?
Message 5 of 5
jhendershot

well i guess i didn't draw the line in the correct direction. redrew the line i selected and it works fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report