Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior

Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior

Reply
*Logan, Jerry
Message 1 of 7 (63 Views)

Corrupt drawing fix

63 Views, 6 Replies
01-14-2002 05:53 AM
I have a problem child dwg that I want to block out to a new drawing to fix
a corruption. I have a ton of Xrefs in the drawing that when blocked out
won't come along with the drawing. What's the quickest and most sane method
for getting the xrefs back into the new drawing.

I've run recover on the drawing and that doesn't seem to help

AutoCAD error message:
INTERNAL ERROR:
!U:\global\src\coreacad\CORESRC\scandr.cpp@773.eUnknownHandle


--
Jerry Logan
Cottle Graybeal Yaw Architects, Ltd.
Aspen, Colorado
WWW: http://www.cgyarchitects.com
*Ryan, Clint P.
Message 2 of 7 (63 Views)

Re: Corrupt drawing fix

01-14-2002 05:53 AM in reply to: *Logan, Jerry
what i do is xref in all of the drawings that are in your base drawing and
then delete them. then insert in your base drawing and the xrefs will come
with it.

--
Clint P Ryan
E: clintr@aktexas.com

"Jerry Logan" wrote in message
news:E0EEDA5D50B7553EA64C0805733194CB@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I have a problem child dwg that I want to block out to a new drawing to
fix
> a corruption. I have a ton of Xrefs in the drawing that when blocked out
> won't come along with the drawing. What's the quickest and most sane
method
> for getting the xrefs back into the new drawing.
>
> I've run recover on the drawing and that doesn't seem to help
>
> AutoCAD error message:
> INTERNAL ERROR:
> !U:\global\src\coreacad\CORESRC\scandr.cpp@773.eUnknownHandle
>
>
> --
> Jerry Logan
> Cottle Graybeal Yaw Architects, Ltd.
> Aspen, Colorado
> WWW: http://www.cgyarchitects.com
>
>
>
*Hutchinson, Mike
Message 3 of 7 (63 Views)

Re:

01-14-2002 05:53 AM in reply to: *Logan, Jerry
Ingenious! Does it actually work ? Will be interested in hearing!

"Clint P. Ryan" wrote:

> what i do is xref in all of the drawings that are in your base drawing and
> then delete them. then insert in your base drawing and the xrefs will come
> with it.
>
> --
> Clint P Ryan
> E: clintr@aktexas.com
>
> "Jerry Logan" wrote in message
> news:E0EEDA5D50B7553EA64C0805733194CB@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > I have a problem child dwg that I want to block out to a new drawing to
> fix
> > a corruption. I have a ton of Xrefs in the drawing that when blocked out
> > won't come along with the drawing. What's the quickest and most sane
> method
> > for getting the xrefs back into the new drawing.
> >
> > I've run recover on the drawing and that doesn't seem to help
> >
> > AutoCAD error message:
> > INTERNAL ERROR:
> > !U:\global\src\coreacad\CORESRC\scandr.cpp@773.eUnknownHandle
> >
> >
> > --
> > Jerry Logan
> > Cottle Graybeal Yaw Architects, Ltd.
> > Aspen, Colorado
> > WWW: http://www.cgyarchitects.com
> >
> >
> >
*Autodesk\
Message 4 of 7 (63 Views)

Re: Corrupt drawing fix

01-14-2002 11:44 AM in reply to: *Logan, Jerry
I'm interested in how you got the eUnknownHandle problem in the first place.
Do you remember what you were doing to the drawing before you got that
problem? Does recover correct the problem? Do you have any other Autodesk or
3rd party applications running?

If you can post the file to the customer files newsgroup, I'll take a look
at it. If you can also include any additional information that might help us
track down the cause of the problem, that would be great.

Regards,
Scott

"Jerry Logan" wrote in message
news:E0EEDA5D50B7553EA64C0805733194CB@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I have a problem child dwg that I want to block out to a new drawing to
fix
> a corruption. I have a ton of Xrefs in the drawing that when blocked out
> won't come along with the drawing. What's the quickest and most sane
method
> for getting the xrefs back into the new drawing.
>
> I've run recover on the drawing and that doesn't seem to help
>
> AutoCAD error message:
> INTERNAL ERROR:
> !U:\global\src\coreacad\CORESRC\scandr.cpp@773.eUnknownHandle
>
>
> --
> Jerry Logan
> Cottle Graybeal Yaw Architects, Ltd.
> Aspen, Colorado
> WWW: http://www.cgyarchitects.com
>
>
>
*Capper, Robin
Message 5 of 7 (63 Views)

Re:

01-14-2002 02:03 PM in reply to: *Logan, Jerry
Got the same thing on one work station today (three files) when xrefing an
ADT/Acad bundle into a new file.

The Xref Structure is generally (where > indicates xref level);

1 Electrical (2d acad - not Building Services)
2 > Fitting Layout.dwg (ADT MV Blocks mostly)
3 >> Building dwg (either 2d acad or ADT)

3 will xref to 2 ok and both 2 & 3 show no audit problems

Then when is 2 xrefed into 1 get the error, but (now it gets tricky), only
sometimes. After the error can only open 1 by doing a recovery and even this
will fail sometimes. Log off, shut down, clear out temp files etc seems to
make no difference. Then like magic it all works for a while?

--
Regards,
Robin Capper
Email; robin.capper@xtra.co.nz or (work) robin.capper@thewarehouse.co.nz


"Scott Reinemann (Autodesk)" wrote in message
news:F09C897453B8AA44FA1BD38B3639FCA9@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I'm interested in how you got the eUnknownHandle problem in the first
place.
> Do you remember what you were doing to the drawing before you got that
> problem? Does recover correct the problem? Do you have any other Autodesk
or
> 3rd party applications running?
>
> If you can post the file to the customer files newsgroup, I'll take a look
> at it. If you can also include any additional information that might help
us
> track down the cause of the problem, that would be great.
>
> Regards,
> Scott
>
> "Jerry Logan" wrote in message
> news:E0EEDA5D50B7553EA64C0805733194CB@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > I have a problem child dwg that I want to block out to a new drawing to
> fix
> > a corruption. I have a ton of Xrefs in the drawing that when blocked out
> > won't come along with the drawing. What's the quickest and most sane
> method
> > for getting the xrefs back into the new drawing.
> >
> > I've run recover on the drawing and that doesn't seem to help
> >
> > AutoCAD error message:
> > INTERNAL ERROR:
> > !U:\global\src\coreacad\CORESRC\scandr.cpp@773.eUnknownHandle
> >
> >
> > --
> > Jerry Logan
> > Cottle Graybeal Yaw Architects, Ltd.
> > Aspen, Colorado
> > WWW: http://www.cgyarchitects.com
> >
> >
> >
>
>
*Autodesk\
Message 6 of 7 (63 Views)

Re:

01-14-2002 09:43 PM in reply to: *Logan, Jerry
Hi Robin,

Any chances that you can post the drawing files for us to try to duplicate
your problem? If you don't feel comfortable posting the files, you can zip
them up and email them to me at work: scott.reinemann@autodesk.com.

Can you also include how you xref'd the files in - attach or overlay. Also,
did you specify an insertion point/scale/rotation on screen or use
pre-specified values?

Thanks,
Scott

"Robin Capper" wrote in message
news:18ADCB1BC74E640C38500BFE2B7C1D60@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Got the same thing on one work station today (three files) when xrefing an
> ADT/Acad bundle into a new file.
>
> The Xref Structure is generally (where > indicates xref level);
>
> 1 Electrical (2d acad - not Building Services)
> 2 > Fitting Layout.dwg (ADT MV Blocks mostly)
> 3 >> Building dwg (either 2d acad or ADT)
>
> 3 will xref to 2 ok and both 2 & 3 show no audit problems
>
> Then when is 2 xrefed into 1 get the error, but (now it gets tricky), only
> sometimes. After the error can only open 1 by doing a recovery and even
this
> will fail sometimes. Log off, shut down, clear out temp files etc seems to
> make no difference. Then like magic it all works for a while?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Robin Capper
> Email; robin.capper@xtra.co.nz or (work) robin.capper@thewarehouse.co.nz
>
>
> "Scott Reinemann (Autodesk)" wrote in message
> news:F09C897453B8AA44FA1BD38B3639FCA9@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > I'm interested in how you got the eUnknownHandle problem in the first
> place.
> > Do you remember what you were doing to the drawing before you got that
> > problem? Does recover correct the problem? Do you have any other
Autodesk
> or
> > 3rd party applications running?
> >
> > If you can post the file to the customer files newsgroup, I'll take a
look
> > at it. If you can also include any additional information that might
help
> us
> > track down the cause of the problem, that would be great.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Scott
> >
> > "Jerry Logan" wrote in message
> > news:E0EEDA5D50B7553EA64C0805733194CB@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > I have a problem child dwg that I want to block out to a new drawing
to
> > fix
> > > a corruption. I have a ton of Xrefs in the drawing that when blocked
out
> > > won't come along with the drawing. What's the quickest and most sane
> > method
> > > for getting the xrefs back into the new drawing.
> > >
> > > I've run recover on the drawing and that doesn't seem to help
> > >
> > > AutoCAD error message:
> > > INTERNAL ERROR:
> > > !U:\global\src\coreacad\CORESRC\scandr.cpp@773.eUnknownHandle
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jerry Logan
> > > Cottle Graybeal Yaw Architects, Ltd.
> > > Aspen, Colorado
> > > WWW: http://www.cgyarchitects.com
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
*Logan, Jerry
Message 7 of 7 (63 Views)

Re:

01-15-2002 01:41 AM in reply to: *Logan, Jerry
I figured out the Unknown handle problem. I had legacy or R14 blocks. Hell
they could have been R13 blocks for all I know. Way before I got here.
Anyway I went through all of the insert Blocks in the drawing and recovered,
SavedAs R14 and updated them in the drawing and no more errors. I've got
some work to do on about 60 some other odd drawings that have old blocks in
them.


--
Jerry Logan
Cottle Graybeal Yaw Architects, Ltd.
Aspen, Colorado
WWW: http://www.cgyarchitects.com
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.