Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Projects and xref path

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
182 Views, 5 Replies

Copying Projects and xref path

Tell me where I am going wrong...If I have a project where I dragged the construction (master plan) into a file the xref path is default set to absolute. If I copy this project to be used for another projects and open the newly copied project the xrefs all still reference the old area. How can I get the path to be relative to the current directory? Right now I have set up a vba app to do this. Any help or insight is appreciated. -- Rob Starz Stardsign cad solutions www.stardsign.com ADTcadPacX4 now available for ADT 2004 www.stardsign.com/adtcadpacx.htm
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Rob, When you repath the project immediatly upon setting it current in its new location, the xref paths should be changed to the new location. The project's currently only support full paths. So if you change them to relative paths, the project navigator will ignore them and you will need to manage the paths (re-pathing) yourself. -- Paul McArdle Autodesk, Inc. "Rob Starz" wrote in message news:4034c791_2@newsprd01... > Tell me where I am going wrong...If I have a project where I dragged the > construction (master plan) into a file the xref path is default set to > absolute. If I copy this project to be used for another projects and open > the newly copied project the xrefs all still reference the old area. How > can I get the path to be relative to the current directory? Right now I > have set up a vba app to do this. > > Any help or insight is appreciated. > > -- > Rob Starz > Stardsign cad solutions > www.stardsign.com > ADTcadPacX4 now available for ADT 2004 > www.stardsign.com/adtcadpacx.htm > >
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I am dragging the construct to the sheet and not changing any settings and when I copy the project it still references the project it was copied from. I sent the same project to someone else and they had the same problem. Is there a setting I am missing? Thanks -- Rob Starz Stardsign cad solutions www.stardsign.com ADTcadPacX4 now available for ADT 2004 www.stardsign.com/adtcadpacx.htm "Paul McArdle [autodesk]" wrote in message news:4034da2b$1_2@newsprd01... > Rob, > > When you repath the project immediatly upon setting it current in its new > location, the xref paths should be changed to the new location. The > project's currently only support full paths. So if you change them to > relative paths, the project navigator will ignore them and you will need to > manage the paths (re-pathing) yourself. > > -- > Paul McArdle > Autodesk, Inc. > > > "Rob Starz" wrote in message > news:4034c791_2@newsprd01... > > Tell me where I am going wrong...If I have a project where I dragged the > > construction (master plan) into a file the xref path is default set to > > absolute. If I copy this project to be used for another projects and open > > the newly copied project the xrefs all still reference the old area. How > > can I get the path to be relative to the current directory? Right now I > > have set up a vba app to do this. > > > > Any help or insight is appreciated. > > > > -- > > Rob Starz > > Stardsign cad solutions > > www.stardsign.com > > ADTcadPacX4 now available for ADT 2004 > > www.stardsign.com/adtcadpacx.htm > > > > > >
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I have not used the Project Management system enough to be certain this will help your situation, but you may want to check out the following thread, which contains a post from Paul Aubin outlining the steps to take when copying/renaming a project:

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=1870130

If you are already doing all of that, someone else will have to weigh in with a response.

--

David Koch
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

No setting. But as David indicated, the order is important. -- Paul McArdle Autodesk, Inc. "David_W._Koch" wrote in message news:3121615.1077211899969.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have not used the Project Management system enough to be certain this will help your situation, but you may want to check out the following thread, which contains a post from Paul Aubin outlining the steps to take when copying/renaming a project: > > http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=1870130 > > If you are already doing all of that, someone else will have to weigh in with a response. > > -- > > David Koch > Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Manual editing as Paul Noted works the best. I changed the names, was asked to repath and all xrefs were correct. By simple copying the project and trying to rename and change project info from the Project Browser caused the xrefs to stay pathed to the origianl project directory. Thanks for the link David...thanks to Paul for the info. -- Rob Starz Stardsign cad solutions www.stardsign.com ADTcadPacX4 now available for ADT 2004 www.stardsign.com/adtcadpacx.htm "Paul McArdle [autodesk]" wrote in message news:4034f643$1_1@newsprd01... > No setting. But as David indicated, the order is important. > > -- > Paul McArdle > Autodesk, Inc. > > > "David_W._Koch" wrote in message > news:3121615.1077211899969.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > I have not used the Project Management system enough to be certain this > will help your situation, but you may want to check out the following > thread, which contains a post from Paul Aubin outlining the steps to take > when copying/renaming a project: > > > > http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=1870130 > > > > If you are already doing all of that, someone else will have to weigh in > with a response. > > > > -- > > > > David Koch > > Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report