Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Style's Display Reps Settings

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
rhino rules
681 Views, 10 Replies

Copy Style's Display Reps Settings

Is it possible to copy the settings from one display rep to another. For example, if someone spent a lot of time setting the "plan" display rep settings for a wall style and then wanted those same settings for "plan presentation" is it possible to somehow copy them over?
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: rhino rules

I'm not sure if this is what attempting to do but its all done with the Display manager Copy and Paste same as the Style manager.

Pierre
Message 3 of 11
rhino rules

Nope. (All my dwgs already have the same display configs in them.)

I need objects to look the same for a couple display configs. Suppose you have a special hatch and lineweights, etc, etc for walls for "MEP design" and you want the same settings for "MEP presentation", can you copy them somehow? Or, do you have to do everything over again for each display config?
Message 4 of 11
bt-arch

I haven't tried this but did you explore re-naming the "plan" that you like to "plan presentation"? You'd delete or re-name the old "plan pres" first.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

bt-arch wrote:
> I haven't tried this but did you explore re-naming the "plan" that you like to "plan presentation"? You'd delete or re-name the old "plan pres" first.

...keeping in mind that this will affect *every* style that referenced
that particular display config...

Sad to say, but the best bet right now is to manually recreate that
style's settings for each display rep's override.

--
Brian Winterscheidt
LWPB Architecture
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Another reason why I don't use the Display System for anything other than 2d
v Model. Layers are sooooo much easier to maintain. Oh, but wait, yeah
Layers are old so we shouldn't use them. In the same way ADT (acad.exe) is
old so we should all move to REVIT: I get the marketing slant now . . ..
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

James Buzbee wrote:
> I get the
> marketing slant now . . ..

a slant,
or a slight?
Message 8 of 11
rhino rules

"...keeping in mind that this will affect *every* style that referenced that particular display config..."

That is what I was about to say.

And I thought copy/pasting in the display and style managers was bad. This is really bad. Really, really bad.
Message 9 of 11
bt-arch

Diito on the layers.

There's just no way we can devote the time to reset the display manger do what we want. Especially if we have to re-jigger it all for every update (yearly).
Message 10 of 11
bmitchel

I would agree with the others who said the display reps are much more difficult to use with little benefit compared to use of old-fashioned layers. But to answer you question I have found that if you:
Format>Display Manager> then right-click on cofigurations - you should see the import/export option. (personal warning***don't have the file that you will be importing from open it causes lock-ups at least in ADT 2005) I have also attached a screen capture that may help. Good luck but you may want to re-think your process in the end.
Message 11 of 11
rhino rules

Nope, that's not it. (Read above.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report