Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
129 Views, 2 Replies

Ceiling Grids

I have my drawings setup with spaces using gross & net space. I am trying to create ceiling grids. I thought that all I would have to do would be to add the usable space but the ceiling grid only uses the net space. This would not be a problem except that my schedules are setup using the net & gross squarefeet. The net is to the centerline of the walls & the gross is to the outside. The usable would be to the inside and this is the one that the grid would have to be bounded by. Is there a way to change what the ceiling grid is bounded by?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pcaruthers
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, for starts, I would have considered "Net" footage to be usable...

why 3 sets of sqft numbers??
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I started with two because our auditors wanted to use gross sf & our leases to clients are on a system where their suites are measured to the inside of the outside walls & to the midpoint of all interior walls. I originally had two space objects but with the upgrade to 2006 I was able to use one and select Gross, net and/or usable. It seemed to make sense to use gross & net.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report