Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bogus Paperspace view

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
187 Views, 6 Replies

Bogus Paperspace view

I've come across a message that I have not seen before. When saving i get: "_qsave Bogus Paperspace view, fix before saving." Can anyone tell me what this means and what to do to fix it?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Does Audit fix this? -- chris yanchar | desktops product planning manager building solutions division | autodesk, inc. http://blogs.autodesk.com/adt "Ron Dean" wrote in message news:41e81641_1@newsprd01... > I've come across a message that I have not seen before. When saving i get: > > "_qsave Bogus Paperspace view, fix before saving." > > Can anyone tell me what this means and what to do to fix it? > >
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

No it didn't. The only solution I found was to paste the model space objects into a new drawing and recreate the paperspace view. Importing the layout from the problem drawing also had same problem. I know your programmers work hard times but they must have been having a bad day when they came up with this message. Ron "chris yanchar - autodesk" wrote in message news:41e9a623$1_1@newsprd01... > Does Audit fix this? > > -- > chris yanchar | desktops product planning manager > building solutions division | autodesk, inc. > http://blogs.autodesk.com/adt > > > "Ron Dean" wrote in message > news:41e81641_1@newsprd01... >> I've come across a message that I have not seen before. When saving i >> get: >> >> "_qsave Bogus Paperspace view, fix before saving." >> >> Can anyone tell me what this means and what to do to fix it? >> >> > >
Message 4 of 7
robincapperw

This works for us. You only need to "rebuild" layouts that give the error on save - not all.

On EACH Layout Tab File>Save.
a) If you don’t get the error the current layout is OK.
b) If you get the error on an unused layout just delete it.
c) If you get the “bogus” error you’ll need to rebuild the layout
(1) Create a new empty layout (RIGHT CLICK ANY LAYOUT then NEW).
(2) Check all layout related layers (Title, Viewport etc) are THAWED and UNLOCKED.
(3) Copy/paste the content (Title + Viewports) from the “bogus layout” to the new layout. Do not just copy the whole layout as this copies the error to the new layout.
(4) On the new layout turn on the Viewport(s) (rightclick display viewport objects>yes) and set the page setup.
(5) Save the file & check the “bogus” error hasn’t come back.
(6) Delete the original “bogus layout”.
Message was edited by: robincapper

Robin
Autodesk AEC Collection 2020 - PC: HP Z6 | Win 10 64 | Xeon 3014 | 64 GB ram | Quadro P5000 - Tablet: Surface 3 Pro i5-4300u | Win 10 Ent 1703 64 | 8GB ram - Phone: Samsung S21 Ultra | Android 11
RobiNZ CAD Blog | LinkedIn
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hit send too soon, edited this on the HTML board but not seen on newsgroup. The procedure below should repair "bogus" layouts as its the layout itself not the content that is the problem. You can copy all the content to a new layout and it wont be "bogus". -- Regards, Robin Capper Email via contact at http://rcd.typepad.com "robincapper" wrote in message news:23346979.1105932991632.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > 3. On EACH Layout Tab File>Save. > a) If you don't get the error the current layout is OK. > b) If you get the error on an unused layout just delete it. > c) If you get the "bogus" error you'll need to rebuild the layout > (1) Create a new empty layout (RIGHT CLICK ANY LAYOUT then NEW). > (2) Check all layout related layers (Title, Viewport etc) are THAWED and > UNLOCKED. > (3) Copy/paste the content (Title + Viewports) from the "bogus layout" to > the new layout. Do not just copy the layout as this copies the error. > (4) On the new layout turn on the Viewport(s) and set the page setup. > (5) Save the file & check the "bogus" error hasn't come back > (6) Delete the original "bogus layout".
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Have it solved for now but will keep this in mind should I ever see this again. Thanks, Ron "Robin Capper" wrote in message news:41eb839e$1_2@newsprd01... > Hit send too soon, edited this on the HTML board but not seen on > newsgroup. The procedure below should repair "bogus" layouts as its the > layout itself not the content that is the problem. You can copy all the > content to a new layout and it wont be "bogus". > > -- > Regards, > Robin Capper > Email via contact at http://rcd.typepad.com > > > "robincapper" wrote in message > news:23346979.1105932991632.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >> 3. On EACH Layout Tab File>Save. >> a) If you don't get the error the current layout is OK. >> b) If you get the error on an unused layout just delete it. >> c) If you get the "bogus" error you'll need to rebuild the layout >> (1) Create a new empty layout (RIGHT CLICK ANY LAYOUT then NEW). >> (2) Check all layout related layers (Title, Viewport etc) are THAWED and >> UNLOCKED. >> (3) Copy/paste the content (Title + Viewports) from the "bogus layout" to >> the new layout. Do not just copy the layout as this copies the error. >> (4) On the new layout turn on the Viewport(s) and set the page setup. >> (5) Save the file & check the "bogus" error hasn't come back >> (6) Delete the original "bogus layout". > >
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

This one caught me totally off guard. I'm glad there was a fix! Message was edited by: Brockster

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report