Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autocad 2013LT and windows 7 or "XP" mode

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
barbjsweeney
950 Views, 1 Reply

autocad 2013LT and windows 7 or "XP" mode

at the root of my prior post, my arch. office recently bought some, not all, new hardware with windows 7. this can switch to "XP" mode to run our old autocad 2005, which windows 7 doesn't support. after many glitches, the office is now considering buying autocad 2013LT which evidently is supported by windows 7. any thoughts on this? will we be in for more trouble? how about the "old" hardware that only has XP and will now be running AutocadLT on this? how about our old 2005 drwg. files that we still use...can we translate them to 2013LT and continue to work on them? or must they stay using the autocad 2005? I am NOT an IT or computer person, only an end user, and so assuming I will only understand the most basic answers about issues/pros/cons. Am really looking for comments advising that we are or are not headed for more trouble! thanks for any and all replies!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MarySeufert
in reply to: barbjsweeney

I was going to point you to the AutoCAD LT forum, but you are already getting plenty of good responses there. Double cross posting is generally frowned upon. I personally would stick with your older products until at least the first service pack for 2013 comes out. If XP mode is giving you problems look at VMware Workstation. ~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report