Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2006 Student Version

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
3348 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD 2006 Student Version

I purchased the student version of Autocad 2006 while I attended school that has the permanent licence. I currently have the software installed on my desktop computer (with windows XP). I recently purchased a laptop ( windows 7) computer that I would like to install the software onto if its permissible.

Two questions:

1. Am I permitted to installed the software onto a second computer (laptop) that's own my me?

2. Can it be installed with windows 7?

Please advise,

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
John.W.Mumaw
in reply to: Anonymous

I can't speak to the license issues but I would think you'd be ok as long as you're still a student.  Although if you're still a student you may be better off getting a newer version.  As far as running under Windows 7 my experience is in the 64 bit version of Windows 7, and it runs but it needs some help setting it up properly.  Some of the support files paths get messed up during the install and need to be fixed under options.  In particular the adt.cui file is being looked for under c:\\users\(username)\appdata\appdata\appdata\roaming\Autodesk\ADT 2006\enu\support\ADT.  There are two extra appdata subdirectory listings that need to be removed so autocad can find the cui file.  My guess is that the 32 bit version would be similar.  And there may be other similar path issues you need to tweak.

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Lost Bent Woodworking & Design

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report