Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2006 SP1 Windows 7

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rkasza
2748 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD 2006 SP1 Windows 7

Got new PC. Windows 7 professional (64-bit). Installed Autocad Architecture 2006. Had some issues but runs fine. Getting an ARX Error. Mostly when cutting and pasting. I end up hitting enter about 1000 times before it goes away. I just hold the enter key down. I read that the Hotfix for 2006 is recommended and should solve the issue. I think the hotfix and the Service Pack 1 are the same thing. I downloaded it and went to run it. Get message that can't install because it cannot find the program. Suggests I make sure I am installing the correct SP. So the question is; how do I install the SP? On the pc I have 2 folders, one called Program Files and the other Program Files (x86). I assume the (x86) is for non-windows compilant software. This is where AutoCAD is installed. I also assume this is why the SP cannot find the program. Is there a way around this? If I have to re-install, how does activation work? I just activated/registered the program yesterday. Would I have to go thru all that again?

thanks in advance!!
Rob

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
eddie57
in reply to: rkasza

Hi,

Did you ever get you issue resolved? 

Eddie

Message 3 of 5
rkasza
in reply to: eddie57

No, apparently AutoDesk no longer supports 2006 so he cannot help me and no one else seems to know how to install the hotfix. You having same issue? [Description: rk]
Message 4 of 5
eddie57

I actually was using Autodesk Architectual Desktop 3. It worked great with with XP but when I upgraded to Windows 7, I started having serious issues.  I was Googling and somewhere I read about a bad ARX possibly causing my issues. The guy who posted that thread said to unload them one by one until you found the bad one. I can't open my files so that's not even an option. It's funny, but the sample drawings that came with the ADT install open just fine, it's just my custom drawings..  I truly believe it's the Operating system and the compatability issue. Thanks and good luck. If I hear anything I will post it here.

Eddie

Message 5 of 5
eddie57

Have you tried running AutoCad on Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager? I had my IT install it using XP and it seems to be working fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report