Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2006 SP1 Windows 7

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rkasza
2759 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD 2006 SP1 Windows 7

Got new PC. Windows 7 professional (64-bit). Installed Autocad Architecture 2006. Had some issues but runs fine. Getting an ARX Error. Mostly when cutting and pasting. I end up hitting enter about 1000 times before it goes away. I just hold the enter key down. I read that the Hotfix for 2006 is recommended and should solve the issue. I think the hotfix and the Service Pack 1 are the same thing. I downloaded it and went to run it. Get message that can't install because it cannot find the program. Suggests I make sure I am installing the correct SP. So the question is; how do I install the SP? On the pc I have 2 folders, one called Program Files and the other Program Files (x86). I assume the (x86) is for non-windows compilant software. This is where AutoCAD is installed. I also assume this is why the SP cannot find the program. Is there a way around this? If I have to re-install, how does activation work? I just activated/registered the program yesterday. Would I have to go thru all that again?

thanks in advance!!
Rob

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
eddie57
in reply to: rkasza

Hi,

Did you ever get you issue resolved? 

Eddie

Message 3 of 5
rkasza
in reply to: eddie57

No, apparently AutoDesk no longer supports 2006 so he cannot help me and no one else seems to know how to install the hotfix. You having same issue? [Description: rk]
Message 4 of 5
eddie57

I actually was using Autodesk Architectual Desktop 3. It worked great with with XP but when I upgraded to Windows 7, I started having serious issues.  I was Googling and somewhere I read about a bad ARX possibly causing my issues. The guy who posted that thread said to unload them one by one until you found the bad one. I can't open my files so that's not even an option. It's funny, but the sample drawings that came with the ADT install open just fine, it's just my custom drawings..  I truly believe it's the Operating system and the compatability issue. Thanks and good luck. If I hear anything I will post it here.

Eddie

Message 5 of 5
eddie57

Have you tried running AutoCad on Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager? I had my IT install it using XP and it seems to be working fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums