Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADT 3.3 Wall Hatch Trouble

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
spena12001
182 Views, 2 Replies

ADT 3.3 Wall Hatch Trouble

Hi, I'm having trouble keeping a predefined concrete wall hatch visible as my length of wall reaches 100'. The hatch looks great at small distances but dissappers, is there a scale issue here or what?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: spena12001

Yes... this is based on an AutoCAD environment variable: MAXHATCH
For instance, type this at the command promt:
(setenv "MaxHatch" "20000")

If you change the value, bear in mind that you will have some performance hit, if there is a lot of hatch in the drawings.
Another way to deal with it is to split the wall into two parts and use cleanup radii to blend the graphics into one wall.

--
Sean D Burke, Assoc AIA
Autodesk Architectural Desktop Certified Expert
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: spena12001

Two walls with the same hatch as one wall should present the same performance hit as one wall.

Note also that MaxHatch is case-sensitive and must be entered as shown. The "number" you set it to must also be a quoted string. If you find that as tedious as I did, you may find the AutoLISP routine in the attached ZIP file of some use, as, when loaded, it requires only typing "maxh" in any combination of upper and lower case letters as you see fit to use. You will be prompted to enter a number and the routine takes care of the formatting. If you enter a number below the minimum value, the routine will substitue the minimum value [100]; likewise, an number over the maximum value [10000000] will result in the maximum value being used.

--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Using ADT 2004 at work; access to 2005, 2006 & 2007 at home

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report