Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADT 2007 - Fields Not Updating

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
hirsp1
250 Views, 5 Replies

ADT 2007 - Fields Not Updating

I'm trying to work with ADT 2007 fields. I've created some sheets with titleblocks. I've tried several ways-- Field in block, field all by itself, field in attdef...none of them are working for some fields. The project name and number don't seem to ever work. The fields related to sheets work fine, as do some recently added custom fields.

It seems, though, that an OOTB stuff works just dandy...but it's not useful to us at all.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Bubbaloo
in reply to: hirsp1

I remember having difficulty with them too at first. If I remember correctly, you have to insert the field into the attribute tag. Then for Project Name use "currentprojectname".
Message 3 of 6
hirsp1

I wish it were that simple... but alas, it's not.

I've tried all ways...and some fields work, some don't. Mostly the really important ones don't, and the custom "client" stuff does...but some of the custom client ones don't work, either. It's hit-n-miss.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Could you be a bit more specific?

fields in ADT can be finicky until you get the hang of em.

Is the drawing you are making a field in...

part of a project navigator project

is it part of the sheet set of a project navigator project

does regen not update the field
does saving, closing and opening the drawing not update the field

exactly which field categories, field names and other parameters in the
field dialog box are you picking...

with this information it would be easier to duplicate what you are
experiencing
David

wrote in message news:5331235@discussion.autodesk.com...
I wish it were that simple... but alas, it's not.

I've tried all ways...and some fields work, some don't. Mostly the really
important ones don't, and the custom "client" stuff does...but some of the
custom client ones don't work, either. It's hit-n-miss.
Message 5 of 6
hirsp1

part of a project navigator project: YES

is it part of the sheet set of a project navigator project: YES and NO. I've tried it both ways.

does regen not update the field: NO. I just get ####.

does saving, closing and opening the drawing not update the field: NO

exactly which field categories, field names and other parameters in the
field dialog box are you picking: Project Name, Project Number. I also have some fields that I added and some of them work, some of them don't work.
Message 6 of 6
rdc.pds

first the obvious - recheck all spelling - look specifically for accidental starting "space" as it is not easily seen but can occur -

second - try re-adding the custom field in a new category - i have found some categories added do not like to work for no reason at all, but new categories with DIFFERENT name can fix it (using the same name again confuses the issue still more)

last - when nothing else works, rebuild the apj with fingers crossed (and a back-up of the project handy)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report