Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADT 2007 - Creating window and door schedules with xrefs

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
wazzouz
549 Views, 2 Replies

ADT 2007 - Creating window and door schedules with xrefs

I have a drawing file that has floor plans xrefed into it. I want to create window and door schedules with the windows and doors that are in the xref. How can I do this?
Thanks in advance,
Wesley
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: wazzouz

Are you working with the Drawing Management system in ACA (Project Browser, Project Navigator)? The ease with which you can do certain things (such as tag through an external reference or have multiple instances of a nested external reference [Elements]) will depend on that.

If you are not using Project Navigator, and all of your Doors are drawn directly in the files that are then externally referenced into a single file (no multiple nested external references of "unit" plans), I would recommend tagging your Doors and Windows in the same file as the Door and adding/editing all property data there. You can then add a Schedule Table to the file with all of the floors externally referenced, selecting the external reference files as the items to be scheduled. Make certain that the Scan xrefs property of the Schedule Table is set to Yes, and that any layer filter you apply to the Schedule Table also includes the layer on which the external references are placed. You could also, if desired, add a Schedule Table to a third (sheet) file, and set the file with the external references as an "external file".

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
wazzouz
in reply to: wazzouz

Wow, thank you David. Over the years, you have provided outstanding advice on ADT. Great to hear from you. Thanks again, Wesley.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums