Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

orbit doesnt work and neither does the view cube

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
stuarts
361 Views, 11 Replies

orbit doesnt work and neither does the view cube

Having a lot of trouble orbiting models, the model is on its front, in inventor it is the correct way up z+.

The viewcube doesnt seem to work either. Only home view works but it cant be modified and doesnt match inventors original home position. I cant work out what the roll function is for in the navigation bar.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
ukdxb012
in reply to: stuarts

Hi,

From what i understand, the view cube is just for show at the moment and doesn't operate like you would expect if you were using a desktop application.

By default, Orbit should be activated when you open the model which is pretty simple to use just by holding the mouse. Switch between Pan and Orbit to move around your model. The controls on your mouse should work kind of the same as you would expect.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 12
stuarts
in reply to: ukdxb012

Hi Duncan,

Thanks for the reply.

Feel free to have a look at my model i have uploaded its very hard to navigate. Very cumbersome. As i said the model comes in at the wrong orientation and the viewer considers the front of the model as the bottom, its easy to orbit upright but near on impossible to the spin/turntable the model to look around it, because of the way the model is initiallyorientatated i think . If someone can help show me how to easily move around the model then im happy to share the link, just pm your email.

Thanks

Stuart

Message 4 of 12
ukdxb012

Done 🙂

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 12
stuarts

You should have a link to the file now.

Message 6 of 12

Thanks for jumping in Duncan and let us know how this goes.

Stuart, can you also share the file with me? That way if there is an issue on the viewer side we can share it with the team.

Thanks guys.

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 7 of 12

Unfortunately we are waiting to view the file, seems to be taking ages. It's an *.iam.

I suggested changing the front view in Inventor and uploading the file again which is what we are waiting for.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 8 of 12
Swathi_Vadlamani

Duncan and Stuart,

Sorry to know that the file is taking long time to translate. Can you please share the permalink of the file? This helps us to see why the file translation is taking long hours. You can get the permalink to a file from Share - Permalink option.
Thanks,

Swathi Vadlamani
Autodesk 360 Web
Message 9 of 12
stuarts
in reply to: Swathi_Vadlamani

Hi,

I have deleted the view that was taking a long time to generate and started again. This model took 30min to preview and the dataset is rather small in size.

Viewing the model is the main problem, in inventor up is Z+, where as it seems the 360 viewer uses Y+. Changing the view cube makes no difference to the orientation and navigation of model in 360 viewer. This makes navigating the model very difficult.

Here is the link: https://myhub.autodesk360.com/ue29c4f46/docstore/permalink/DS7f1edQT22b515c761efc2ec96da978be60

Thanks

Stuart

Message 10 of 12
stuarts

Will there be any changes to make it easier to naviagate models that have a different x,y,z to what the viewer assumes/shows? HAvent had a reply from autodesk.

Message 11 of 12
Mary_Morse

HI Stuart-

We have contacted the Viewing team about your question and will get back to you as soon as we hear.

Mary Morse
Sr Manager, A360 Customer Success
Message 12 of 12
carstenhess

Hi,

a little know keyboard option is to literally press, the X, Y and Z key to change which axis is considered "up". This may help your navigation troubles. 

The viewcube as Duncan mentioned is not yet fully functional - the key word in that sentence is the "yet". We are working on it!

Cheers,

Carsten

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report