Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No access

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
hosford
480 Views, 11 Replies

No access

When I make a project, upload files, then try an view same, I get "No access" Sorry. You dont have the required privileges to access this item. please contact the author.

I am the author.

what do i need to do to get around this obstical?

Thaddeus Hosford
NUC9i9QNX i9-9980HK, Win 10 Pro 64
Nvidia GTX 1650
Inventor 2021
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Hi Thaddeus,

Can you try sharing that project with me? bud.schroeder@autodesk.com. I have not seen that error before. Also what happens if you create a new project?

Let us know what browser and what Operating system you are using for this project.

Thanks for getting us the details.

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 12

Hi Thaddeus,

I re uploaded your file and it works for me, maybe there was an issue in the upload. I see more files in the project you shared now as well, are you still seeing the same error message?

Thanks

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 4 of 12

no acces.jpgactually its a little different looking, but the same result.

Thaddeus Hosford
Nvidia GTX 1650
Inventor 2021
Message 5 of 12

Hi Thaddeus,

I see two options when uploading.  

Individual files

Composite

If I upload Composite this seems to work for me.  

Are you uploading as "Indifidual files"?  

Thanks for the details.  

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 6 of 12

Bud

just made a folder "composit" thought i would upload files as composits into that folder, so right after making the folder I tryed to access the folder, again tells me I have no access and to contact the author.

internet explorer 10

windows 7 ultimate

oh well

Thaddeus Hosford
Nvidia GTX 1650
Inventor 2021
Message 7 of 12

Hi Thaddeus,

Thanks for trying. I am going to take another look at this today and share the results with the team. Can you tell me what product and version you created these files in? Also what browser you are using to upload the files?

Thanks in advance for getting the details and for taking time to work with us on this.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 8 of 12

Bud

Thanks.

Files were created in Inventor 2014 sp1, internet explorer 10.

doubt its the file creation, thinking its more like the internet explorer, this due to the fact that I cannot open a file/directory just made on the 360 tech preview site.

Thaddeus 

Thaddeus Hosford
Nvidia GTX 1650
Inventor 2021
Message 9 of 12

Hi Thaddeus,

Thanks for the update. For 3D files you need to use Chrome or Firefox. Can you try this with one of these two browsers to see if it makes a difference? I can open the files fine using both Chrome and Firefox. Here is the link to supported browsers.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/ADSK360/ENU/?guid=GUID-6BD255B4-FB67-4909-9332-3A5905076E0A

Thanks again and let us know how it goes when using Chrome or Firefox.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 10 of 12

Bud

thanks for looking into this, I see now where 360 requires a non standard browser.

this is a deal breaker for me, having to load something special should not be a requirement.

if I am to share with others this will be an issue.

Thaddeus

Thaddeus Hosford
Nvidia GTX 1650
Inventor 2021
Message 11 of 12

Hi Thaddeus,

Thanks for the update. Can you share more details with us on why you are not able to use Chrome or Firefox? The version of IE you are using does not support WebGL and that is a system requirement to view 3D files. IE 11 supports WebGL, but has other issues and also does not work. We have shared that information with Microsoft, but for now we need Chrome and or Firefox.

If you can share more details on why this would be an issue that is GREAT, I want to share that with the team. Also are you in an Enterprise environment where your IT decides what can be installed?

Thanks again for sharing these details so that we can better understand why this would be a deal breaker for you guys.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 12 of 12

Bud

Thanks for the additional information.

having an autodesk suite, solidworks, adobe suite, microsoft office and numerous other supporting software packages, i am not in favor of adding more.

I do my own IT, as well as for others, I see more computer issues when people stray from the supplied internet explorer.

I will wait till IE 11 works, or what ever microsoft calls the next generation of explorer.

as for why having to install a different internet explorer is an issue:

when sharing an idea with others, having to load a different internet explorer takes away from a casual look, turns it into a process, not all users are comfortable with loading software on their computer. and as you brought up, some users are behind IT rules.

Thaddeus

Thaddeus Hosford
Nvidia GTX 1650
Inventor 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report