Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Materials not applying to models when loading into Autodesk 360

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
keager
234 Views, 3 Replies

Materials not applying to models when loading into Autodesk 360

I'm trying to load a model to review with a client from Alias Automotive into Autodesk 360. I've applied basic materials (just color breakup) in Alias and exported as a wire file. When I load it into 360 none of the materials are applied. Am I missing a step in saving out or loading the files for viewing? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Darren,

Thanks for posting your question. I just sent an eMAIL to a couple of my teammates on the viewing team to see what is expected from Alias. Can you tell me what the file format is that you posted to the Tech Preview? Also is it possible to share the file with me so that I can share it with the team as well. You can share it with my first name . last name @ autodesk.com. Just swap out first.last with my actual first and last name.

Thanks again for posting and for sharing the file if you are able to. It would only be used so that the team can look at it internally to see what is going on.
Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 4

Hi Bud,

Sorry it's a confidential file for a client. Essentially I just saved out a Wire file from Alias. Nothing special to it. I tried again with a STEP file and it worked great to keep the materials I applied in Alias. I suppose Wire files aren't the best for this application?

Appreciate the feedback.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4

Hi Darren,

No problem on the file and totally understand. I heard back from one of our teammates and he was also suggesting STEP files so it sounds like that might be the best option here. I am not an Alias Expert and only used it a few times. It's possible the wire file is stripping the materials but not sure. You could also try DWG and see how that works. We have asked someone from the Alias team for some tips that we can share here for viewing. Once we hear back, I'll post an update.

Thanks again for the update and also give the DWG a try and see how that works for you. Also feel free to post a new message on how the Tech Preview is working out for you guys. We really like hearing back on what works and even what does not work.

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report