Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embed 3D view like on current 360

Embed 3D view like on current 360

Hi,

I have been looking at the 360 Tech Preview and I have to say it looks great.

However, I would like the ability to embed the 3D views on our own website in the same way that we can on the current 360.

Currently we are in the process of putting the 3D previews of many of our parts onto our company sales website so that customers can take a look at the 3D view of the part they are looking for. The 3D view in the tech preview looks soo much moor amazing thay I would really like to be able to use it on our website.

I guess this would require public sharing of documents and the embed code for the file.

Please make thsi work, it would be an awesome feature.

Kenny

9 Comments
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support
Status changed to: Future Consideration

philip.s
Alumni
Status changed to: Gathering Support
prior status deleted, setting to default
BrotherkennyhDWR
Enthusiast

I have been looking at the following link;

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2014/05/a-sneak-peek-at-the-new-autod...

The author seems to have successfully embeded the new 360 viewer on their website.

I would love to be able to do this and with the quality of the viewer the website would look really impressive.

Unfortunately the method this person used to embed the viewer is a little beyond me. Surely Autodesk can provide some kind of tool like they do in A360 drive?

Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support
Status changed to: Future Consideration

BrotherkennyhDWR
Enthusiast

I have jsut embeded one of the 3D views on our website to see how it looked.

I inserted the public share link into an iFrame. For the most part this works. There is the A360 and filename heading that I wouldn't want present on embeded files. The fullscreen option also does not work.

It doesn't seem a big leap from what we have now to allow us to embed the 3D views.

fusion.team
Autodesk

Hi Kenny, We released an update that lets you embed designs in your website.

You can get the embed code from the share menu. Check it out and let us know what you think.

-Rajiv

A360Embed.png

Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support
Status changed to: Implemented

cblocher
Alumni

Hi Folks,

You can learn how to locate a file's embed code in the A360 help. See step 2 under "To share a link to a file publicly".

Best,

C.

rsbishop
Enthusiast

Is there any way we can get some permissions around this?  I'd like to embed a 3D on our internal website, but not have the model available to anyone without the link.  Maybe you could put a key in the embed code that allows access.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report